Business Title Business/Contracts Manager
Location USA LOUISIANA Fort Polk
Clearance Level Needed Secret
Category Contracts, Purchasing, Legal & Proposal Services
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Army Contracting Command intends to solicit work for contractor support at the under Directorate of Logistics at Fort Polk, LA. ManTech is seeking a Business / Contract Manager for that solicitation. .
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Works closely with the subcontracts, procurement, government property and materials management representatives to ensure compliance with task order requirements including flow-downs and consents.
• Responsible for managing the Administrative Contracting Officer / Contracting Officer''s Representative relationship for the assigned project on a daily basis.
• Responsible for the effective administration and management of the Task Order in accordance with company practices and contract requirements.
• Responsible for oversight and coordination of project compliance; serves as senior compliance advisor to the field project staff including areas such as purchasing, materials management, subcontracts and government property.
• Responsible for assisting the Program Manager in establishing and managing an effective change management program in coordination with the Site Project Controls Lead (The Corporate or Home Office GCA will communicate all change requests and requests for equitable adjustment to the ACO/PCO).
• Serves as the senior contracts representative in the field for the assigned Task Order for the EAGLE Ft. Campbell project.
• Emphasizes effective utilization of US small businesses to all project personnel in order to surpass contractual Small Business Subcontracting Plan goals.
• Monitors project program to ensure government-owned property is effectively managed, controlled, etc. and routinely coordinates with project and FGG Property Manager.
• Responsible for managing the Contracting Officer/Customer Contracts Representative relationship for the project.
• Ensures compliant purchasing and subcontract management in accordance with the prime contract requirements by working closely with the project subcontracts managers and material manager; ensure appropriate customer consents are obtained where required and subcontracts and purchase orders contain required customer flowdowns.
• Responsible for preparation of routine contract correspondence for formal submission to Client Contracting Officer through the assigned Government Contract Administrator.
• Ensures Small Business Subcontracting Plans are developed, goals achieved and semi-annual reporting submitted in accordance with the prime contract.
• Aligns and coordinates with various other ManTech functions (Project Business Services, Tax, Treasury, Procurement, Contracts, International Human Resource, General Accounting, Human Resources, and Project Management).
• Ensures that projects have Business Plans and a clear understanding of the Prime Contract commercial terms.
• Possesses knowledge of international payroll and expatriate policies.
• Provides advice regarding multi-entity and multi-country execution and accounting requirements.
• Coordinates with ManTech Corporate Tax Department concerning international project set-up and execution.
• Reviews and analyzes project financial performance and assists project management in understanding and communicating financial issues and performance.
• Participates in the proposal effort with regard to commercial issues.
• Regularly provides guidance and training to technicians and lesser-experienced analysts and gives Performance appraisals for assigned analysts.
• Requires strong discretion and independence.
• Interfaces with other groups inside and outside the organization, senior management, other locations, clients, and auditors.
Position is contingent upon contract award. ManTech values the contributions of a diverse and inclusive workforce and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Qualifications Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration or related field, with additional training in contract law, and eight to ten years of related experience.
Additional Qualifications . Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
. 15 years of related experience (with college degree). Army or US Government experience preferred.
. 20 years of related experience (without college degree). Army or US Government experience preferred.
. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
. Excellent computer literacy and skills.
. Excellent time management skills.
. Good leadership and decision-making skills.
. Comprehensive knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation & DoD Supplements.
. Must have strong background in DOD Small Business Programs.
. Knowledge of Department of Defense systems including Central Contractor Registration, Post Performance Systems, Contract Manpower Reporting, and other relevant DOD tools.
. Must possess or be able to obtain a Secret level Security Clearance and possess a valid driver's license.
Knowledge of Department of Defense requirements such as Small Business Subcontract Plan, Contractor Purchasing System Review, Request for Consent and Advance Notification, and other Federal Prime Contract requirements.
. Prior military and/or contingency operations experience
Degrees Equivalent Experience/Education
Years of Experience 08-10 years w/Bachelors Degree
05-07 years w/Masters Degree
Position Type FT
Date Required 06-Sep-2013
Overview For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation’s defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries, is concerned that it fulfill its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Special Disabled Veteran, Armed Forces Service Medal Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran or Other Protected Veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech''s Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and veterans are urged to apply. ManTech''s utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
© 2010 ManTech International Corporation. All Rights Reserved.