Title: Patient Access Representative Per Diem - Frye Regional Medical Center
At Conifer Health Solutions, we offer the strength and stability of Tenet Healthcare, a Fortune 500 company, with the ingenuity and energy of a healthcare independent. We are a healthcare solutions company born from the healthcare industry. We take care of hospital business, so hospitals can focus on caring for patients. Ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to a company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with the benefits and leadership to take your career to the next step!
Conifer Health Solutions is currently hiring for a Patient Access Representative.
Responsible for greeting customers and providing assistance with Registration and Bed Control. Conducts patient/guarantor interviews, explains hospital policies, financial responsibilities, privacy practices and patient bill of rights. Ensures that pre-certification and/or authorization are obtained, patient liabilities are collected and appropriate bed assignments are made.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Minimum typing skills of 35 wpm
* Demonstrated working knowledge of PC/CRT/printer
* Knowledge of function and relationships within a hospital environment preferred
* Customer service skills and experience
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment
* Ability to receive and express detailed information through oral and written communications
* Course in Medical Terminology required
* Understanding of Third Party Payor requirements preferred
* Understanding of Compliance standards preferred
* Must be crossed trained in two Patient Access service areas including ED.
* Uses proper negotiation techniques to professionally collect money owed by our Patients/Guarantors.
* Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with both internal and external Clients that lead to more effective communication and a higher level of productivity and accuracy.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* 1-2 years experience in medical facility, health insurance or related area preferred
* Some college coursework is preferred