Our facility located in the Smokey Mountains of East Tennessee. Here our professional and dedicated clinical team assists clients and their families in developing new core beliefs and conclusions about themselves. This unique program focuses on the individual needs, enabling self-discovery and recovery. People who enroll in our programs are removed from the stresses and distractions of everyday life, entering a safe environment where they can concentrate on the process of recovery in the beautiful serene setting of the Smokey Mountains.
We are seeking a Program Counselor. This position reports to the Clinical Director.
As a Program Counselor, he/she will be responsible for case management services for clients at the facility. Included in these responsibilities are:
* Have regular contact with referral sources.
* Help clients identify issues for treatment and after care plans and oversee the implementation and completion of treatment plans prior to discharge.
* Facilitate education and process group counseling sessions and perform individual group counseling sessions per program requirements.
* Make referrals and follow up appointments with clients for after care.
* Assist the Clinical Director and other counselors in the delivery of client care, including the therapeutic milieu.
* Be a role modeling for clients and accountable for enforcing program rules in a fair and professional manor.
* Document interactions and critical incidents in the duty log book and communicate client interactions to other counselors and the Clinical Director
* Other duties as assigned by the clinical director.
* Serve on assigned facility committees and attend all staff meetings.
* Approach interpersonal relationships in a manner that promotes cohesiveness, reduces conflict and provides resolution.
* Respect and protect the dignity and confidentiality of all clients at all times.
* Understands and promote our mission, philosophy and values.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
* Bachelor-Ts degree in social sciences
* Licensed as an LADAC.
* Recovering persons must have a minimum three (3) years continuous chemical abstinence and be active in their respective support groups.
* Pass random drug screens and be able to be CPR and first aid certified.
If you are interested in working in a scenic and serene environment by joining a team of individuals dedicated to helping people recover from addictions, please submit your resume today.