Ingersoll Rand is uniquely qualified to create and sustain safe, comfortable and efficient environments. Our people and our market leading brands, including Club Car®,Ingersoll Rand®, Schlage®, Thermo King®, and Trane®, work together to inspire progress for our customers. For more information about Ingersoll Rand visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
From its market-leading electronic and biometric access control systems to personal scheduling systems and architectural hardware such as steel doors and frames, our Security Technologies sector helps makethe places we live, work and play safe, secure and productive.
The Specification Writing Apprentice Program is an 18-month program (12-months of development and 6-months of support) to gain knowledge and observable performance of products and applications that will enable you to provide solutions for creating door and door hardware specifications.
The program allows you to learn about and work with customers such as Architects, Electrical Engineers, and Security Consultants by providing professional consultation and specification services. You will gain knowledge of IR products and solutions by participating in a robust training and development program that differentiates us within the industry. The program's functional experience, project assignments and training curriculum are highly visible to our senior leaders. Program graduates join our commercial sales organization as a Specification Writer or Architectural Consultant, working with architects and developers.
Key responsibilities include:
* Follow and complete the Specification Writer Apprentice Program (SWAP) to increase knowledge about IR customers, door and door hardware products, and specification and sales processes.
* Attend all required internal training and additional external product training to obtain a further understanding of codes, applications, and products.
* Learn organizational structure and build relationships with co-workers throughout the organization.
* Obtain an understanding of the door and hardware industry, customers, and build relationships with decision makers.
* Learn how to utilize IR tools/resources (for example: SpeXtra, Siebel CRM) to gather and maintain information on projects.
* Maintain awareness of all IR policies, guidelines, and procedures and ensure compliance.
* Associates degree or Bachelors degree in Construction, Architecture, or Technical field
* Strong mechanical and electronics aptitude
* Proficient w/ MS Office tools
* Ability to learn industry specific software
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, influencing skills essential along with a bias for action
* Ability to travel up to 15%
* Detail oriented with a high level of organization and time management skills
If you share our passion for inspiring progress-for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate-then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Ingersoll Rand is committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employees, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
Ingersoll Rand is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.