Requisition Number 12-0351
Title Advanced Staff Auditor, Non-Regulated Operations
About AGL Resources
AGL Resources (NYSE: GAS) is an Atlanta-based energy services holding company with operations in natural gas distribution, retail operations, wholesale services, midstream operations and cargo shipping. As the nation's largest natural gas-only distributor based on customer count, AGL Resources serves approximately 4.5 million utility customers through its regulated distribution subsidiaries in seven states. The company also serves more than one million retail customers through its SouthStar Energy Services joint venture and Nicor National, which market natural gas and related home services. Other non-utility businesses include asset management for natural gas wholesale customers through Sequent Energy Management, ownership and operation of natural gas storage facilities, and ownership of Tropical Shipping, one of the largest containerized cargo carriers serving the Bahamas and Caribbean region. For more information, visitwww.aglresources.com.
Job Summary: The purpose of this position is to conduct, financial, SOX and/or operational audits to ensure an adequate internal control structure and safeguarding of assets using an audit approach driven by industry and business risks that impact operational effectiveness, compliance to regulations and laws and adherence to company policies and procedures. This role requires attention to detail and demonstrated and strong analytical, communication and relationship-building skills which are necessary to provide best in class internal audit services to clients and drive results for the organization. Effective organization and time management skills are necessary for individual and direct contribution to the team.
* Responsible for retrieving basic audit data from internal information systems
* Responsible for executing non-SOX audit procedure testing
* Assists in drafting audit report for targeted or less complex non-SOX audits
* Responsible for executing SOX test plans and documenting results
* Participates in the execution of corporate and fraud investigations
* Participates in communicating, implementing, and executing audit plan & audit activities
* Responsible for performing process and control analysis (strength, weakness, gaps)
* Responsible for developing non-SOX audit test plans
Assists in evaluating and analyzing ACL test results and outputs
* Responsible for defining and drafting non-SOX audit issues as a result of audit testing
* Assists in assessing and rating issues/findings for non-SOX audits
* Responsible for formulating audit recommendations for non-SOX audit findings/reports
* Responsible for designing SOX test plans
* Documents, analyzes, and drafts SOX issues/exceptions identified
* Participates in conducting non-SOX audit meetings (entrance,status, exit)
* Coordinates and collaborates non-SOX audit interviews during audit planning activities
* Leverages and obtains information, documents and support from owners to conduct audits
* Communicates exceptions of SOX testing to appropriate process owners
* Coordinates and performs follow-up activities/procedures to measure audit issue progress
Disclaimer: This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities and qualifications required in the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified disabled individuals for performance of essential duties and responsibilities.
* Bachelor's Degree
* Accounting, Finance, Business Administration
Related Work Experience:
* At least 2 years audit or comparable professional experience
* Some project lead or supervisory experience
* Past experience in an Energy Service Company with some knowledge of auditing in a trading environment
Specific Skills & Knowledge (Internal Audit Core Competencies):
* General Internal Auditing Standards / GAAP / COSO
* Understanding of the organizational structure and components of AGL Resources, the role of Internal Audit and application of professional skills and competencies with regard to the internal control environment.
* Basic understanding and application of the Internal Audit methodology with relevance and in conjunction with the internal control framework, consistent performance delivery and management expectations.
* Understanding of remaining abreast of profession and industry
trends/updates to effectively test the integrity and effectiveness of the business to agreed standards and delivering insights for change which will improve performance.
* Understanding of developing and maintaining relationships while maintaining objectivity as a trusted advisor.
* Understanding of providing constructive feedback on business issues making the case for change in a compelling way through effective communication.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
* Regular Traveler (20-50% travel) - The incumbent will be required to travel on a regular basis. Trips will likely require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
AGL Resources is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.