Title: Field Service Technician, Sr. - Savannah, GA
Location: North America-United States-GA-Savannah
Other Locations:Purpose of Position:
Under general direction, the primary role of this position performs advanced customer support activities for process and laboratory instrumentation. Additionally, this position actively promotes the growth of the territory through contract sales and the provision of sales leads.
· Using established company guidelines performs on-site start-up, preventive maintenance, routine repair, and calibration/verification of instrumentation.
· Serves as on-site customer contact for technical and service related problems.
· Instructs customer in proper preventive maintenance and operation of equipment.
· Submit prompt, accurate service reports that affect billing, inventory, instrument history, and instrument failure.
· Follows safe work practices according to company policy.
· Involves the supervisor or product expert with challenging/complex problems.
· Identifies service and instrumentation opportunities and escalates that information to the appropriate sales channel.
· Provides informal mentoring and guidance to new Sr. Field Service Technicians.
· Work with and take direction from Division Service Manager/dispatch team to efficiently execute all required service and additional activities.
· Maintain accurate records and efficient usage of replacement parts inventory.
· Frequent overnight travel.
(Mandatory overtime as business needs dictate and flexible scheduling is required associates in this position.)
Other Non-Essential Functions
· Works with rest of territorial staff as a team to meet objectives.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education, Background and Skill Requirements
· Associates/ Technical degree preferred or combination of education and experience.
· Mastery of Preventative Maintenance (PM), diagnostics & repair on core products as required.
· Driver's License and acceptable driving record required.
The work environment for this position is both office and field sales activity.
* The field sales activity will take this individual into customers' locations and moderate physical activity (e.g. lifting/carrying of materials) occurs.
All external hiring is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen, physical testing and acomplete background check which could include credit history.