- Organization: Civil
- Location: Libreville
- Responsible for activities within the Structure discipline of the Civil global business unit.
- Responsible for the establishment and maintenance of technical standards within the discipline. This involves exploration of subject area, definition of scope and selection of problems for investigation, including the development of novel concepts and approaches when required.
- Responsible for acting independently on technical matters pertaining to the field. Bechtel scope is Owner''s Representative, and primarily involves managing contractors in charge of design, review (Bureau de Contrôle), PM/CM, and construction.
- Specific responsibilities include:
- Provides functional oversight of the Structure discipline for the project.
- Lead the review of structural design packages prepared and submitted by local design firms.
- Maintains continuous contact with work in progress by reviewing or approving, design basis, key drawings or design concepts and specifications developed by the Structure discipline on project.
- Follow up construction and disposition of field changes. Review of shop drawings and material submittals.
- Inputs to and owns the engineering elements of a project capital estimate (proposals and execution) quantities and budgets for the Structure discipline.
- Inputs to, reviews and influences project schedule.
- Directs the development of and approves design guides, standard specifications, work processes, and design procedures in the Structure discipline.
- Ensuring all designs and construction meet with current regulations.
- Properly interprets and applies codes & standards and customer design requirements in the preparation of Structure design products.
- Reviews and approves key engineering drawings and calculations, including field and design documents relating to the Structure discipline.
- Promotes the creation of a work environment, supported by leadership, which fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Knowledge of engineering work planning and control methods.
- Knowledge of precedents in the discipline and of principles and practices of related disciplines.
- Knowledge of related construction practices and the economics involved.
- Knowledge of industry / regulatory codes and standards, and design and layout criteria pertinent to the particular discipline.
- Skill in applying team building concepts.
- Thorough knowledge of Bechtel''s Zero Accident Philosophy and project Quality Policies.
- BS in Civil / Structural Engineering required, Masters preferred.
- Sound knowledge of MEP.
- Must have advanced oral and written communication skills in English and French.
- Intermediate literacy in Microsoft Office suite.
- Intermediate familiarity with current industry safety standards.
- Intermediate familiarity with current industry quality standards
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).