Title: Senior Actuary - Guy Carpenter - Atlanta / Minneapolis
Other Locations: MinnesotaMarsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. It is the parent company of a number of the world''s leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including Marsh, the insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, the risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, the provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, the management consultancy. With over 50,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue of approximately $10 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 100 countries. Its stock (ticker symbol: MMC) is listed on the New York, Chicago and London stock exchanges.
Guy Carpenteris the world''s premier reinsurance intermediary and strategic advisor to leading insurance and reinsurance organizations, delivering integrated solutions through itsindustry-leading analytics and advisory services, highly specialized product knowledge and trading relationships with reinsurance markets around the world. Headquartered in New York City, Guy Carpenter has more than 2,300 employees in more than 50 locations worldwide.
Guy Carpenter''s Analyticsunit has an unparalleled ability to help clients achieve a deeper, broader understanding of their risks. Our GC Analytics professionals apply a wide range of advanced modeling techniques - from sophisticated experience and exposure rating to advanced risk and simulation modeling - to help clients profile risk for virtually any line of business against a wide spectrum of reinsurance options.
We are looking for aSenior Actuary to work together with our senior Global Analytics professionals to provide actuarial and financial modeling consulting services to colleagues and clients.
* Model the probability distributions of the gross/ceded/net underwriting results of an insurance company client based on an actuarial analysis of frequency and severity focusing on a large losses using GC Analytics proprietary software.
* Analyze how the distribution of results and relevant risk measures change as a result of application on various proposed reinsurance alternatives.
* Utilize cost/benefit analysis to advise brokers and clients' "optimal" reinsurance programs based on risk tolerance level.
* Evaluate historical experience of treaties for use in negotiation of renewals and commutations
* Support GC and MMC efforts in market creation and other projects requiring actuarial expertise (e.g., cat exposure modeling)
* Respond to client queries and concerns, resolving issues promptly
* Establish and maintain strong relationships with clients, colleagues and Marsh
* Document all external correspondence and telephone conversations in accordance with GC procedures, including where appropriate, GC Professional Standards guidelines minimizing the potential for errors and omissions
* Update management on issues, progress, etc., regularly and upon request
* Liaise with Guy Carpenter service departments to ensure the proper level of client service and timely flow of business process
* Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Requirements (Skills, Knowledge & Abilities):
* Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science or related quantitative field such as Mathematics or Statistics
* 10 years of relevant work experience
* Must have FCAS membership
* Membership in AAA, ASTIN, etc. preferred
* Technical expertise in reinsurance experience and exposure ratings, loss distributions, reinsurance terms and conditions, and simulation modelling; with data management, financial reinsurance, risk management, catastrophe modelling & DFA (Dynamic Financial Analysis) expertise desirable
* In-depth understanding of the product lines and the global and regional industry conditions to identify significant considerations that insurers should address in designing their programs
* Excellent interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining good client and internal relationships
* Prioritize workload according to volume, urgency, etc. as well as the workload of others
* Find creative solutions to new problems, as they arise
* Organized and strong attention to detail
* Strong computer skills for using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
* Maintain compliance with professional standards, where applicable, as well as company-wide quality initiatives
* Identify client needs and access and organize resources including senior management, to deliver solutions which meet or exceed client expectations
* Ability to manage complex clients and help them address issues proactively
* Ability to effectively communicate and implement strategic initiatives for the firm
* Ability to share information with other functional areas to enhance performance for the firm
* Act as a role model and positive example for the organization by consistently exhibiting "Core Competencies" as defined by our Driving For Performance Initiative
* Open and flexible to changes in the organization and marketplace
* Contribute to talent recruitment and development
* Excellent project management skills
* Broad knowledge of world reinsurance markets to comprehend range of products necessary to address insurers financial needs
* Excellent client/consultative relationship skills
* Strong oral & written communication skills
* Ability to travel internationally and domestically up to 30% of the time
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension and 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at:
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at:www.mmc.com/diversity.