12204 - Staff Auditor - Norcross, GA ? Help
Please fill in the information below and use the navigational buttons to continue.
Warning: Using your browser''s Back and Forward buttons may produce undesirable results.
Established in 1982 and based in Norcross, Georgia; Immucor has a history of innovating to improve transfusion medicine. Immucor, Inc. plays a vital role in making blood transfusions safe. We sell a complete line of automated instrument-reagents systems that detect and identify certain properties of blood prior to transfusion. We are looking for a Staff Auditor to join our corporate Finance team. The Staff Auditor will report to the Director, Internal Audit in our corporate offices.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
Perform various financial, operational, and compliance audits, projects, and activities covering all company locations worldwide. This includes performing Sox and operational audits in accordance with departmental and professional standards and related guidance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Work closely with internal audit team members and external consultants to ensure that projects are completed in a timely fashion and on budget.
* Participate in updating relevant audit programs and test plans for various internal audit projects in order to ensure effective and efficient audit execution.
* Assist with the process of rationalizing the company''s internal control frameworks (RCMs and Narratives) to ensure continued improvement in the efficiency of the Sox compliance process.
* Perform various audit tests and analyses in accordance with the established audit plan and audit objectives, utilizing available technology to drive audit efficiency.
* Prepare working papers to document and support audit procedures and techniques applied, evidence gathered, and conclusions drawn.
* Obtain an understanding of, and document key business systems and processes using narrative and/or flowcharting techniques to facilitate detailed documentation of the company’s internal control policies and procedures.
* Analyze business processes to identify cost saving opportunities and areas for operational improvement.
* Document and analyze identified findings and internal control deficiencies to determine root causes and establish plans to remediate controls and processes deemed ineffective or inefficient.
* Assist with the preparation of other internal audit reports and summary executive reports, exhibits and materials to communicate the results/status of internal audit projects to senior management in a concise and organized fashion.
* 10. Develop and maintain a sufficient level of knowledge of current audit tools and techniques, such as ACL.
* Participate in various special projects performed by the Internal Audit team and as requested by management and the audit committee.
* Assist with other administrative tasks such as maintaining adequate records (e.g. time and other resources spent) for projects completed by the department to assist with future planning and project monitoring and evaluation.
* Develop and maintaining positive working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
* Remain current on developments in key regulatory areas impacting the company and the Internal Audit profession (i.e. PCAOB, SEC, AICPA, IIA, etc.)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
* 2-4 years of current experience in auditing required.
* Combination of internal audit and external audit experience with a national CPA firm or public company experience preferred.
* Certification in one of the following or equivalent required: Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Chartered Accountant (CA) or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
* Strong fundamental knowledge and understanding of internal controls over financial reporting required.
* Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects and tasks to meet deadlines.
* ACL (Audit Software Tool) skills preferred.
* Up to 25% travel required with occasional international travel required.
At Immucor, Inc. we are dedicated to partnering with our customers to become the industry benchmark for delivery of innovative, value-added products and exceptional customer service. We achieve this mission by building a team of dedicated employees who share the same vision and mission as we do. We value our employees and provide our team with a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
IMMUCOR, INC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER; M/F/D/V *DFW
RESUMES SUBMITTED TO IMMUCOR FROM THIRD PARTY RECRUITMENT FIRMS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.