Strategic Pricing Intern 2013
RockTenn (NYSE: RKT)
RockTenn is one of North America’s leading manufacturers of paperboard, containerboard, consumer and corrugated packaging and one of the world’s largest paper recyclers. Over the years, Rock-Tenn has outpaced its peers in revenues, profitability, EBITDA and stock price. We’ve done this by creating and following a bold strategy of: exceeding our customers' expectations every time, creating long-term shareholder value and encouraging and rewarding employee excellence.
Since its founding in 1936, Rock-Tenn has focused on developing packaging and paperboard products that bring high value to its customers, employees and shareholders. The company now operates approximately 240 facilities across the United States, Canada, Mexico, Argentina, Chile and China. We employ 26,000 employees and are North America’s largest paper recycler, largest display manufacturer, largest pre-print linerboard producer, 2nd largest producer of containerboard and corrugated packaging, 2nd largest producer of coated recycled paperboard, and 2nd largest producer of folding cartons.
RockTenn is seeking a Strategic Pricing intern who would like to gain some business experience to complement your major in Finance or Economics. The intern will work for our Pricing organization and have responsibilities to include, but are not limited to:
* Assist in the development of a National Account Contract Database
* Assist in moving National Account new item Price Models in-house
* Follow up on Price Increase Exceptions and responses
* Assist with data cleansing exercises to create local and corporate system continuity
* Compile sales data
* Complete price increase reporting
* Actively pursuing undergraduate or graduate degree in Finance or Economics.
* Strong academic performance
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Access or other database program development
* Research ability, problem solving skills, attention to detail and critical thinking abilities
* Energetic, self-starting, good communicator
At RockTenn, we seek to be the most respected in the industry. Our employees are committed to exceeding their customers' expectations -- every time. If you enjoy this shared commitment to excellence and discovering value where others haven’t, we would like you to consider RockTenn as your employer of choice.
Rock-Tenn Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V