Title: NA Consumer Creative Lead - Direct Mail
Location: TX-Round Rock
NA Consumer Direct Mail Creative Lead
Marcom Senior Consultant
The NA Consumer Direct Mail Creative lead works with Dell's agency, marketing partners, and peers to generate direct marketing communications creative. Direct mail activities supported include print catalogs and direct mailers (letters, postcards, trifold) and originate from global campaigns or specific NA marketing needs. This role is responsible for ensuring consumer direct mail creative is highly effective in accordance with established brand guidelines and vehicle best practices .
Primary responsibilities include:
· Work with internal and external partners to establish and evangelize best practices, provide thought-leadership, and build a strategy and creative platform to maximize effectiveness of Dell Direct Mail communications
· Create & manage quarterly direct mail and catalog plans, recommendations and roadmaps
· Provide input into global creative and deliver net-new creative concepts and strategies for NA consumer direct mail campaigns, in accordance with global brand guidelines, performance metrics & best practices.
· Write quality briefs that ensure best creative output and decrease review cycle rounds & ensure all material produced meets the brief.
· Manage projects within budget, delivering assets on time and in required specifications
· Manage creative review process securing appropriate management approval and stakeholder feedback
· Understand, respond to and manage input into direct mail asset needs. Identify creative assets within existing archives to achieve needs when possible.
· Establish strong relationship with key stakeholders to ensure on-going high-quality support and innovation
· Work with Dell's CRM team and marketing managers to understand business strategy and related creative needs/opportunities (innovation)
· Work closely with Dell's production organization to drive re-use of existing assets, cycle time reductions, quality improvements where possible
· Identify break through opportunities to more efficiently and effectively produce direct mail creative (technological enhancements, internal process improvement)
· Proactively pursue opportunities to reduce regional creative variations and make more efficient use of agency retainer. Drive for template and consistent usage of creative.
· Understand the KPIs of direct mail creative, qualitatively through solicitation of marketing feedback or research and quantitatively through performance metrics (Calls, RUM)
· Be an active partner with the marketing teams, understanding KPI performance to plan in each region and key pain points and opportunities.
· Know and ensure accordance with established brand identity, voice, visual style, and product tenants.
· Stay abreast of external best practices through active participation in the direct marketing community.
· Communicate regular updates, via e-mail or presentations, to appropriate Dell management summarizing creative plans, status, improvements, and efficiencies.
· Support Testing: know key variables that impact performance.
This role supports the following business performance goals:
· Drive awareness, consideration and brand affinity
· Support customer acquisition, retention, and development
· Drive profitable demand & financial contribution (calls/traffic, revenue, margin).
Assignments will be given in the form of objectives and the candidate must establish goals to meet those objectives. The candidate will be required to make business decisions on own; unguided in a fast paced business environment. Further, the role will have a high level of interaction with cross-functional teams. This is a strong C3 position and requires proven ability to excel and motivate others in cross-functional team environment, drive for results in often ambiguous situations, strong negotiation stills, organized, and high energy and creativity. A marketing background, business management experience, high level presentation skills, and organizational agility are highly recommended. 5 years of marketing or related experience required.
· Strong team player with a positive, energetic and "can-do" attitude.
· Excellent communication and collaboration skills
· Demonstrable acumen in creative development and agency management
· Ability to work cross-functionally in fast paced dynamic environment
· Outstanding project management skills w/high attention to detail & creative eye
· Experience managing creative for specific products or customer targets is a plus
· 5 years marketing communication experiencew/creative emphasis (Print, Advertising, Catalogs) or equivalentis required.
Required competencies/skills sets include:
· Drive for results
· strategy and implementation experience
· customer focus
· motivating/engaging others
· analytical skills