Principal Software Engineer
Company Order Number: 951
# of openings: 1
Are You Looking To Join A Dynamic & Collaborative Firm With a Performance Culture That Invests in Working With The Latest Technologies? Then You Should Consider AIS?
A little bit about us: AIS is a technical services company that specializes in custom application development working with the latest Microsoft technologies. We are not only a Microsoft managed partner with Gold competencies but we are also involved in virtually every field and product team program, appropriate to our focus, which places us in the top 0.03% of Microsoft partners. This unique trusted advisor status embeds AIS into the Microsoft innovation lifecycle, which exposes AIS to new products and innovations years ahead of their availability. This unique status enables AIS to be an invaluable partner to our clients as they seek innovations for transformative change.
AIS has been recognized among the “Best Places to Work” and “Fastest Growing” companies in our market segments. This is primarily due to our unique business model and employee centric culture. Enabled by our leaders, AIS is a community of like-minded engineers, driven to use the latest innovations to deliver transformative solutions. While other companies have elected to focus on staffing, AIS seeks projects that share accountability and risk with our clients. Our passion for building a community focused on innovation and delivery excellence gives our community a “purpose” where we heavily invest our profit to continue and expand. This focus is intoxicating to our staff and allows us to attract and retain outstanding engineers. We provide career opportunities with challenging work and actual career progression. Once you talk to us, you’ll know what we stand for – “For Purpose”, not just “For Profit”.
Currently, our Austin office is seeking a principal software engineer!
The Principal Software Engineer Will:
* Lead with building mobile POC's for clients and working with proposal teams.
* Lead efforts for the design and implementation of a solution.
* Lead a team of other smart AIS employees using cutting edge technologies to solve challenging business problems.
* Work directly with clients to understand business challenges and present viable technical solutions to solve those problems.
* Participating in writing business proposals.
* Build elegant, scalable, extensible, cost effective solutions with an eye towards innovation and agility.
* Provide design and architectural guidance with technical solutions using object oriented analysis and design techniques and UML notation and tools.
* Collaborate with other members of the development team and project managers to deliver solutions that surpass client expectations while meeting deadlines and budgets.
* Largely work in an agile environment and lead daily stand-ups/scrum meetings
* Design, write, unit test, and document application code to successfully deliver project-based work.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and 6+ years of experience with .NET technologies (C#, ASP.NET, XML, WCF, etc.) to develop software solutions.
* In-depth experience with mobile development, specifically with the Windows platform (minimum Windows 7).
* Have an ability to thrive with considerations towards volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity
* Utilize understanding of Microsoft Patterns and Practices with different workflow and integration principles in guiding application development.
* Natural curiousity and strong desire to keep technical skills current as new technologies emerge.
* Ability to blog, present and speak publicly or internally on technical topics.
* Participation in industry conferences and expectation of deep involvement in the technical community.
* Experience writing government business proposals.
* Acquired Microsoft certifications, especially MCSD or MCPD
* Production experience with Windows 8 development.
Intrigued? Check out these compelling AIS statistics:
* AIS is a 'Washington Business Journal Top 50 Best Places to Work” Company
* AIS is a 'Washington Business Journal Fastest Growing” Company
* AIS currently boasts a 85% retention rate.
* 85% of our original clients from about 30 years ago are still clients to this day.
* Average tenure is over eight years.
* Paid premium on medical, vision, and dental for the employee, paid overtime, and state of the art development tools are all a part of our outstanding benefits program
* Opportunity to work with the best of the best within the technical industry
Some of our best employees belong to user groups, share ideas, value knowledge, and are constantly learning. We are looking for people who recognize this level of excellence in themselves.
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.
Are you a returning applicant?