SQL Server DBA - Data Center Transformations-INF0003374
About the General Motors Enterprise Database Services: Data Center Transformation DBA Team
GM is enabling an unparalleled IT transformation, enabling the latest technology trends, unleashing IT innovation, in an effort to help GM to design, build, and sell the world''s best vehicles. The Enterprise Database Services organization is supporting that initiative by providing for all aspects of database technology strategy, deployment, monitoring, and operations of GM databases in an effort to provide GM with the best managed database solutions in the world.
The database Data Center Transformation (DCT) DBA team, within Enterprise Database Services, is chartered with providing best-in-class Database Management System (DBMS) migration solutions to our IT application partners world-wide. The team is responsible for rapidly transforming and moving virtually all General Motors database solutions to insourced data centers while concurrently adopting go-forward standardized, secure, highly available, flexible, monitored, and scalable DBMS platforms.
About the role:
The Data Center Transformation SQL Server DBA will work with other organizations in driving the migration of SQL Server databases into GM owned data centers. This includes but is not limited to working closely with application teams, infrastructure groups, operational DBAs, engineering DBAs, change management, and data center transformation teams to plan, move, and warrant DBs into a highly standardized, monitored, and automated environment. This individual will be responsible for understanding database related migration steps, database migration, conversion and/or performance issue resolution, and then seamlessly transferring ownership to the Database Operations team.
- Bachelor''s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Minimum 7 years Information Technology experience with 5 years enterprise database expertise
- Expertise in Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and 2008, SCOM 2012, Integration Services, Analysis Services, T-SQL, GoldenGate, Hyper-V, Windows and blade hardware platforms
- Extensive technical knowledge across multiple technology areas including: Java platform, .Net framework, performance tuning, storage, networking, client libraries
- Experience with data modeling, database design, and even Microsoft patching methodologies
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge on how to support very large databases with heavy online and batch activities
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail and think broadly with a system orientation
- Great team player
- Equivalent expertise in alternate DB technologies, specifically Oracle, DB2 and/or Hadoop
- Understanding/experience in an Agile (scrum), and/or iterative development methodology
- Experience and familiarity with IT best practices (e.g., CMMI, ISO9000, ITIL, COBIT)
- Application development in large, complex organizations
Why General Motors?
At GM, we''ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world''s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we''re currently undergoing one of the largest Information Technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing Fortune 5" firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on Innovation, Speed, and Business Value.
Join our team and experience Information Technology at a scale and pace not seen before!
Posting Date: Dec 14, 2012, 3:28:48 PM - Ongoing