Title: Student Program Internship - Strategic Business Development - Austin, TX
3M's Strategy and Corporate Development division is looking forStrategic Business Development (SBD) Interns who can begin working June 2013.
For more than 100 years, 3M has been a company that delivers both sustainable growth and consistent results. Today is no exception. We are making great progress toward inventing a new future for 3M - a future of faster growth and increased competitiveness, while continuing to deliver superior results.
Interns in 3M's Strategic Business Development department, a unit of 3M Strategy and Corporate Development, provide internal consulting services to the company's 35 divisions. This leadership development program offers interns the opportunity to contribute daily to the growth of 3M's six global businesses: Consumer and Office; Electro and Communications; Display and Graphics; Health Care; Industrial and Transportation Markets; and Safety, Security and Protection Services. Interns work closely with business development, marketing, sales, and technical personnel to address a variety of domestic and international business situations. Duration of internship is 10 to 12 weeks.
Project areas include:
Strategy: corporate and divisional strategic planning, market platforms assessment, technology assessment, growth plans, Emerging Business Opportunity (EBO) strategy development, etc.
Business Development: business modeling, new business development processes, mergers & acquisitions strategy and planning, etc.
Marketing: market and product opportunity analysis, commercialization of new products, new product introduction process, pricing analysis, competitive analysis, segmentation, conjoint studies, brand building, eBusiness, etc
A Strategic Business Development Intern is normally assigned two to three projects for the summer:
* Individual project for a division or business.
* Team project, usually with an experienced member of the SBD team.
* Intern team project, typically with our corporate strategy team.
* Managing and/or participating on cross-functional teams.
* Analyzing business data and making actionable recommendations for clients and division management.
* Conducting primary and secondary research to obtain market data.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
* Currently enrolled in the 1st year of a MBA program with an emphasis in marketing, strategy, and/or general management at an accredited university
* Cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
* Minimum of 3 years work experience in Marketing, Finance, Strategy, Engineering, Business or Sales
* Demonstrated leadership abilities and high ethical standards
* Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, and team skills
* Superior quantitative and analytical skills.
* Strong interpersonal, project management and communication skills.
To learn more about SBD visit: www.3M.com/exploreSBD