Title: Engineer Sr Reservoir
Location: United States-California-Bakersfield
Occidental Petroleum Company is a global oil and gas exploration and production company. As the fourth-largest E&P in the U.S., we continually strive to be one of the best in the business. The secret of our success has been and will continue to be our people.
Occidental of Elk Hills, Inc. located in Bakersfield, California is pleased to offer a range of potential opportunities to creative and knowledgeable Reservoir Engineers with a passion for technical excellence and a drive for adding value. As a Reservoir Engineer at Elk Hills you will be part of an integrated team of highly qualified geoscientists, engineers, and technicians striving to maximize economic recovery of hydrocarbons from some of the largest, most challenging reservoirs in the U.S. You will find that the project inventory, the utilization of new technology, and the collegiate spirit at Elk Hills are unique in the industry, providing the right candidates with a professionally fulfilling experience. Using state of the art tools, a Reservoir Engineer will characterize reservoir properties, assess development options, and orchestrate the implementation of reservoir management plans, all with the collaborative support and expertise required to deliver outstanding results. If your interests lie in driving large development drilling programs, reservoir surveillance, enhanced oil recovery, numerical simulation, or some combination of these activities, a job with OEHI may be the right fit for you. Oxy is looking for motivated individuals with the following qualifications for a reservoir engineering position supporting our Reservoir Management Teams (RMT). If you are interested in joining a fast-paced, action-oriented team, please submit your resume for this position.
* BS degree in Engineering
* Minimum of 10 years of Reservoir Engineering experience within the oil industry
* Proven success identifying and executing value-added projects
* Knowledge of reservoir engineering concepts and applications
* Knowledge of economic evaluation and business financial metrics
* Proficiency in performing economic evaluations of projects including risk analysis
* Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
* Demonstrated creative and collaborative approach to problem solving
* Good business acumen
* High proficiency in required technical and economic software packages (DSS, Spotfire, Eclipse, Saphir, GAP/MBAL/PROSPER, PEEP) or industry equivalent software programs/packages
* Working knowledge of 3D geologic models (Petrel, etc.) as input to simulation
* Broad familiarity with field operations covering primary and secondary recovery techniques