Auto req ID 13188BR
CBS Business Unit CBS Radio
Division/Station CBS Radio DC
Station CBS Radio
Market Washington, DC
Department / Business Unit Engineering
Location Maryland - Lanham
Job Description CBS Radio Washington, DC is currently looking for an Assistant Market Chief Engineer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
• Maintain integrity of on-air product….on call 24/7
• Maintain, troubleshoot & repair an entire broadcast technical plant, equipment and systems.
• Install technical equipment & systems at studio, transmitter, STL, in company vehicles, remotes, promotions, and at two-way sites in keeping with good engineering practice.
• Document, using a computerized database, word processor & drawing program, plus manual drafting; equipment & wiring of systems & equipment.
• Assist in planning & development of all aspects of AM & FM radio technical facilities, including telephone, satellite, STL, two-way systems and vehicles, computers and networks.
• Support station & field operations, as necessary, especially during major studio & field efforts involving complex technical operations.
• Create instructional materials and train the trainers, program management, on proper operation of new technical equipment.
• Perform facility & vehicle industrial health & safety inspections under direction of the Chief Engineer/Industrial Health & Safety Officer.
• Some supervisorial duties will be required.
• Back up Chief Engineer as necessary for review logs weekly for correct and complete entries and EAS tests and tower lighting requirements.
Required Skills/Experience 5 years’ experience in broadcast facilities with minimum 2 year Associates degree in electronics or 10 years’ hands-on maintenance experience with high power AM and/or FM analog and HD transmission systems, two-way, STL & studio audio at a professional radio or television facility.
Working knowledge of personal computers is a must.
Knowledge of digital audio & logic techniques & systems is highly desirable.
SBE Certification preferred; knowledge of CAD systems & techniques desirable.
Valid state driver’s license for operation of company vehicles is required.
Personal vehicle is required for 24hr. response for emergencies.
Excellent customer service skills are required.
Job Status Full Time