Title: Diversity Program Manager
Location: Americas-United States-Maryland-Baltimore
Other Locations: null
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the head of Human Resources, the Diversity Manager is responsible for the overall direction of the corporate diversity strategy and its underlying program and components as well as the work of the diversity roundtables. The position ensures inclusiveness in the process and building of program components by engaging HR specialty groups, the HR Manager/Generalist team as well as business unit leaders in discussion about key diversity topics. Finally, having a strong, current understanding of trends with diversity efforts in the external market, the position provides consultation to business unit leaders and key stakeholders internally about best practices as well as the coordinated integration of diversity efforts and activities.
Diversity Roundtable & Council- Manages & consults with the diversity roundtables and council ensuring that activities, agendas, and deliverables appropriately align with the mission and vision of the organization. Serves as a participant on the roundtables and partners with the head of each roundtable to develop meaningful agendas and ensure productive dialogue. Responsible for decisions and direction of the roundtables; formulates plans, makes recommendations, and guides the strategy and structure of each roundtable. Active participant in the diversity council and takes ownership of action items coming out of meetings. Supports and participates in dialog around integrating global programs across the enterprise. Provides consultative advice & research on industry trends to ensure the goals of the roundtables are staying current with the market. Ensures all activities are consistent with the overall diversity mission internally.
Corporate Diversity Strategy- To further build out T. Rowe Price's diversity strategy and program components, implements and executes on program recommendations coming from the diversity roundtables and/or the diversity council and/or other sources/groups. This includes researching proposals, formulating recommendations, and then overseeing the execution of the various projects that meet the needs of the organization. Forms partnerships with internal groups including Benefits, Organization Development and Training to ensure the most effective and efficient implementation of program components for T. Rowe Price's associate base (e.g., Unconscious Bias). Partners with a number of key stakeholders outside of HR to ensure effective execution of our global diversity strategy, including: Legal (compliance), CSR (community efforts), Communications, Procurement, etc. Requires sophisticated influencing skills to ensure they are pushing on the various partners to drive diversity initiatives into the business. Provides guidance & recommendations to the overall mission of the diversity efforts.
Business Unit Action Plan - Provides oversight of all business unit diversity action plans. Monitors business units' progress against these action plans and makes recommendations on changes or shifts in deliverables for each business unit. Operates in partnership with the HR management team and the diversity council chair in order to support each business unit's needs as it relates to the targeted focus of the action plan. Influences & consults on effective ways to drive change into the organization.
Metrics and Reporting Oversight- Oversees communication about diversity data and themes to business unit leaders and managers. Collaborates with HR managers and HR generalists to ensure the appropriate distribution of diversity data. Reviews data with HR partners and formulates strategy for business unit communication. Provides insights and conclusions based on review of data and analyzes data for trends and patterns.
HR/Recruiting Liaison- Forms partnership with recruiting team to ensure well-coordinated, diversity recruiting efforts. Responsible for ensuring recruiting efforts that focus on diversity are appropriately aligned with the Firm's overall diversity strategy and diversity program components. Makes recommendations to the recruiting team on best practices and supports implementation of various diversity recruiting efforts/projects. As efforts evolve within the corporate diversity program, responsible for the integrated approach. Acts as an ambassador both internally and externally for T. Rowe Price's recruiting activities in the marketplace.
Industry Trends & Best Practices- Conducts external research with competitors to determine best practices. Represents the firm at conferences and liaises with other diversity program managers in the industry to ensure TRP keeps pace; develops external network. Based on findings, makes recommendations to the roundtables and/or council about strategies and key initiatives, ensuring that diversity best practices are considered and/or implemented.
Board Presentation Creation- Partners with the Director of HR on the development of the board presentation on a yearly basis. This includes the creation of an outline to map out the content of the presentation as well as pulling together appropriate quantitative and qualitative data that is incorporated into the deck. Ensures director has what she needs in order to present to the T. Rowe Price Corporate Board of Directors.
* Master's degree with 10 plus years of applicable work experience
* Understanding of T. Rowe Price's diversity strategy and its program components
* Experience in multiple areas within human resources and/or the business in order to bring well rounded perspective
* College degree and 8 years of related work experience, or Associate degree and 10 years related work experience, or High School diploma/equivalent and 12 years related work experience.
* Demonstrated leadership and managerial skills with at least 3 years of formal people management experience
* Understanding of various diversity strategies and best practices that can be leveraged within the organization
* Ability to think strategically and understand broader contexts and practices across business units
* Demonstrated interpersonal skills including strong written and verbal communication
* Strong analytical skills and the ability to draw meaningful conclusions and recommendations based on various data sets
* Demonstrated ability to build strong internal and external working relationships
* Organizational and project management skills with attention to detail and delivery
* Results driven
* Demonstrated ability to influence at the most senior level, moving decision making teams/groups forward on deliverables and recommendations
* Ability to operate within a matrix management structure; ability to influence others at a more junior level who are not direct reports
* Ability to balance competing priorities
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employernull