Title: SHIFT Software Engineer- JAVA/Perl/C - TS/SCI w/ Polygraph Required
Location: USA-MD: MARYLAND-ANNAPOLIS JUNCTION
Job Number: 13002HN
SHIFT Opportunity for TS/SCI Polygraph Software Engineer with 10 years experience in a technical role working on software intensive projects/programs. Oversee software/patch/firmware deployment process and act as a subject matter expert for software development and engineering; Use software deployment tools; Code and test software based upon software specifications and designs; Analyze and study complex system requirements; Design software tools and subsystems
to support software reuse and domain software development; Support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, other accepted design techniques and Computer-Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools; Provide software process
management and control throughout the coding portion of the software development process.
Essential Job Functions
* Plans and designs systems modeling, simulation and analysis for project(s) crossing multiple product lines or a major phase of significant projects. Participates as integral part of design team, coordinates engineers and support staff in project efforts.
* Performs highly complex testing and research of software systems to enhance performance or investigate and resolve matters of significance.
* Monitors and oversees the completion and implementation of technical products to ensure success and timeliness.
* Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of highly complex projects. Identifies, recommends and pursues technology/practices to apply to solution.
* Recommends and implements corrections in highly complex technical applications and analysis to enhance performance.
* Conducts cost analyses and evaluates vendor capabilities to provide the most complex required products or services. Recommends vendor(s) and approach and presents to senior management/customer as appropriate.
* Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
* Provides complex technical consultation to other organizations; interacts with senior customer personnel and internal senior management.
* Provides the customer base with second level support.
* Bachelor''s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Bachelor''s degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
* Nine or more years of experience in software engineering or operating systems programming
* Experience working with software design principles
* Experience working with conducting costing analyses
* Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills to resolve highly complex software design issues and create new software for multiple products
* Strong leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
* Strong interpersonal skills to interact with senior customers, management and team members
* Strong communication skills to interact with team members and senior support personnel
* Ability to synthesize broad and narrow concepts of high complexity and use them to meet company objectives
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Experience as a Software Engineer supporting software architecture development, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and software integration (with both new and legacy systems)
* Experience in Web Services implementation
* Must be experienced in programming using Top Down, Event Driven, and object oriented paradigms
* Experience in Agile methods is desired
* Certifications may be substituted for some experience
* Additional experience may be substituted for educational requirements
* 12 Hour SHIFTS in 24x7 Watch Desk Operation Required
* Current TS/SCI with Polygraph Required