Title: SHIFT(12 Hrs) UNIX System Administrator III - TS/SCI w/ Polygraph Required
Location: USA-MD: MARYLAND-ANNAPOLIS JUNCTION
Job Number: 13002HI
Excellent oportunity for TS/SCI w/ poly Cleared UNIX System Administrator with BS degree and 10 years experience to help lead the effort to set-up, configure, and load system software and hardware; Provide system administration support of
computers, servers, racks of equipment and figure/manage LAN interfaces. Provide support for web development, testing, system integration, installation scripts and other duties to support systems and network infrastructure.
Essential Job Functions
* Coordinates with client management to formulate highly complex technical solutions. Identifies and implements solutions based on client needs. Informs client management of appropriate developments in technical support products.
* Provides technical leadership to internal and external personnel on highly complex system installation processes. Mentors and provides guidance to less experienced personnel.
* Provides technical leadership to appropriate personnel on highly complex system administration activities. Provides technical solutions and escalated support for non-routine, highly complex technical issues.
* Evaluates products and upgrades for appropriateness of cost and compatibility. Oversees and implements system upgrade strategies.
* Leads the design, implementation, and maintenance of highly complex solutions. Coordinates activities with other technical personnel as appropriate.
* Develops and analyzes highly complex system standards, thresholds, and recommendations to maximize system performance. Initiates reviews as appropriate.
* Conducts capacity planning reviews with management and approves capacity plans formulated by less experienced personnel.
* Develops strategies to manage the frequency of appropriate support package/patch application. Monitors database maintenance and provides appropriate recommendations, when required. Implements solutions and refines procedures as appropriate.
* Coordinates with business development personnel on proposals and work estimates involving highly complex system administration projects and solutions.
* Researches current systems technology and serves as subject matter expert on complex systems processes and procedures. Conducts usability and costing studies.
* Bachelor''s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Bachelor''s degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
* Nine or more years of technical experience in a client-server environment
* Experience working with highly complex systems administration, database administration, and landscape maintenance
* Experience working with company products and services
* Experience working with company and client documentation and storage procedures
* Experience working with highly complex system implementations and organizational processes
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Good leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
* Strong communication skills
* Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
* Strong ability to lead and work as part of a team
* Bachelors degree in IT or related area and/or technical certifications preferred
* Related experience and/or combination of experience and certifications may be substituted for degree
* 12 Hour Shifts to include Weekend and Holidays Required
* Current TS/SCI with Polygraph Required