Scientific Systems & Software International - Information Technology Solutions is a leading provider of advanced solutions that deliver timely, enabling technology and information to where it is needed most for our civilian, military, intelligence, state and local, and commercial customers.
Committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce SSSi – IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for some positions.
The Field Telecommunication Systems Branch (FTSB) is responsible for telephone systems at over 1,500 SSA Field Offices (FOs) and Offices of Disability and Review (ODARs) offices nationwide. FTSB is currently replacing the digital PBXs at these locations with an Enterprise Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) telephone solution. This project is known as the Telephone System Replacement Project (TSRP).
TSRP shall provide several opportunities to improve the Agency''s telephone offering to our customers. Using the advanced features and flexibility of TSRP will improve the Agency''s telephone service, which is one of the objectives under goal #3, Improve our retiree and other core services of SSA''s Fiscal Year (FY) 2008 – 2013 Strategic Plan.
As part of the TSRP infrastructure, SSA has installed 4 Service Delivery Points (SDP) and 14 Large TSRP Sites for Regional Offices and Service Centers. These SDPs and Large Sites contain large quantities of hardware and complex programming. Multiple sites will be relocating in the 2012 - 2013 calendar year and FTSB will require additional support to manage these relocations due to the size and complexity of these sites. Additional support after the relocations will also be required to assist in the day-to-day management of the TSRP solution.
Task Description -The Contractor shall provide a wide range of technical, customer, and vendor support to augment FTSB. The Contractor shall perform tasks as assigned by the FTSB branch chief and team leads while working with assigned Agency staff.
Systems Security Engineer:
The candidate will be working with FTSB. In this role, the candidate shall:
* Be responsible for the design, planning, performance, implementation, and project management for projects related to the TSRP program.
* Support staff as a technical point of contact on telephony projects.
* Oversee validation and testing of all TSRP-related projects to ensure that they meet SSA''s requirements.
* Monitor performance and capacity of TSRP and supporting initiatives.
* Work with all key stakeholders to drive process improvement throughout the program.
* Perform ad-hoc analyses.
* Prepare and provide capacity, performance, status, and cost reports.
* Track relocation efforts, delivery, and acceptance.
* Interface with vendors and stakeholders.
* Perform problem resolution related to telecommunication support and operations.
* Identify project risks and provide risk-mitigation strategies.
* Support HQ, Region, and Field Office staff related to telecommunication activities through FTSB.
* Assist in the process of telecommunication work orders.
* Have a signed non-compete agreement.The contractor will:
* Provide written updates or reports when requested by the Government.
* Track projects, provide milestone and task management, and provide all required deliverables as needed by the Government.
* Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reports on performance and activities. All reports shall be generated using Microsoft Office Suite
* Distribute reports to the Technical Contact for review prior to being released to divisional management.
* Attend meetings with SSA management as technical support.
* Masters7years, Bachelors9years'' experience.
* BA/BS engineering degree or equivalent experience (can include a combination ofVoIP/Voice Network Capacity Planning/Performance and Engineering experience).
* 5 years of related experience ofNetwork Capacity planningandPerformance reporting.
* In-depth knowledge ofTelecom Traffic Engineering statistical techniques.
* Proficient use of the Telecom statistical parameters (BHCA, CCS, Erlangs, etc.) to measure current usage and forecast growth requirements.
* In-depth knowledge ofconverged Internet Protocol (IP) dataandvoice technologyandIP Telephony solutions.
* Excellent interpersonal and strong written and verbal communications skills.
* Must be aself-starterand able to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
* Must have Project Management experience implementing Enterprise-wide technical solutions.
* Superior oral and written communications skills in order to clearly and effectively convey issues, reports, and other deliverables to SSA counterparts.
* Proven experience managing in a complex environment
* Experience with and understanding of the Federal environment
Oracle Jdeveloper Programmer