Title: UNIX/Linux System Administrator I - TS/SCI w/ Polygraph Required
Location: USA-MD: MARYLAND-ANNAPOLIS JUNCTION
Job Number: 13002HC
Excellent opportunity for junior system administrator with Associates degree and 3 years experience, with TS/SCI w/ Polygraph to provide expertise to set-up, configure, and load system software and hardware; Provide system administration support of computers, servers, racks of equipment and figure/manage LAN interfaces. Provide support for web development, testing, system integration, installation scripts and other duties to support systems and network infrastructure.
Essential Job Functions
* Assists in designing and implementing new methods, procedures, and systems (both automated and manual) to improve the processing and flow of information within the company.
* Assists in developing documentation of the system specifications, including system scripts, system installation procedures, system backup and recovery techniques and system test methods.
* Assists in developing cost/benefit analyses for new proposed program modifications, methods, and procedures.
* Troubleshoots basic network problems; monitors and evaluates system performance. Analyzes, installs and configures applications as needed.
* Establishes basic operational databases, software configuration controls and system interfaces for computer system(s) assigned.
* Assists in maintaining file servers and network access; documents and analyzes system anomalies to ensure optimum equipment performance.
* Prepares systems for operational use and supports operational tests.
* Gathers information from users for analysis of problem areas and prepares elementary feasibility studies.
* Bachelor''s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Bachelor''s degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
* Zero or more years of systems development or systems analysis experience
* Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems, hardware and software
* Experience working with relational databases to facilitate systems analysis
* Personal computer and business solutions software skills
* Analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs
* Communication skills to interact with team members and support personnel
* Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
* Ability to work in a team environment
* 4 Years related experience or combination of experience and certifications may be substituted for degree
* Current TS/SCI with Polygraph Required