Title: UNIX/Solaris System Administrator II - TS/SCI w/ Polygraph Required
Location: USA-MD: MARYLAND-ANNAPOLIS JUNCTION
Job Number: 13002HF
Opportunity for cleared UNIX system administrator with Associates degree and 5 years of experience to provide system administration support of computers, servers, racks of equipment and figure/manage LAN interfaces. Provide and supervise set-up, configure, and load system software and hardware. Provide support for web development, testing, system integration, installation scripts and other duties to support systems and network infrastructure.
Essential Job Functions
* Analyzes, logs, tracks and resolves software/hardware matters of significance pertaining to networking connectivity issues, printer, servers, and applications to meet business needs.
* Performs troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common system problems; documents system events to ensure continuous functioning. Recommends course of action and implements as approved.
* Upgrades system software and hardware components as required to meet business needs; coordinates backups. Ensures upgrades are occurring in accordance with established parameters.
* Coordinates the installation of client department specific applications and systems. Determines appropriate method for installing applications and systems; resolves matters of significance and implements corrective course of action as needed.
* Installs, tests, upgrades and configures system files and services to enhance performance.
* Utilizes standard corporate tools to record change and problem activities for tracking purposes.
* Bachelor''s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Bachelor''s degree in computer science, or related field preferred
* Two or more years of experience with computer systems or networking
* Experience working with computer hardware for installation and upgrades
* Experience working with software installation/upgrading procedures
* Experience working with file and system maintenance procedures
* Good organization skills to balance and prioritize work
* Analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot systems problems
* Communication skills for to communicate with support personnel, customers, and managers
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Associates degree in IT or related area and/or technical certifications preferred
* 4 Years related experience and/or combination of experience and certifications may be sustituted for degree
* Current TS/SCI with Polygraph Required