Title: Windows System Administrator IV, 3rd shift, TS/SCI with Polygraph
Location: USA-MD: MARYLAND-HANOVER
CSC has an exciting opportunity for a Windows System Administrator. Must have a TS/SCI with Polygraph. This is a 3rd shift, 10:00AM - 6:00AM, with rotating days.
Lead a team of System Administrators in a 24x7x365 environment providing Tier 1 and Tier 2 support for Directory Services (Active Directory and Exchange), LINKSHARE (SharePoint 2010), LINKUP (collaboration tools), and CASPORT/PKI (security tools).
Have a working knowledge of NetIQ's DRA tool and Quest for management of Active Directory resources.
Troubleshoot SharePoint 2010 and other collaboration tools on Solaris and Windows servers using documentation.
Understand how user authentication works in a Windows and UNIX environment.
Essential Job Functions
* Coordinates with client management to formulate complex technical solutions. Informs client management of appropriate developments in technical support products.
* Evaluates products and upgrades for appropriateness. Oversees and implements system upgrade strategies.
* Leads the design, implementation, and maintenance of complex solutions. Coordinates activities with other technical personnel as appropriate.
* Develops and analyzes highly complex system standards, thresholds, and recommendations to maximize system performance.
* Conducts capacity planning reviews with management and approves capacity plans formulated by less experienced personnel.
* Develops strategies to manage the frequency of appropriate support package/patch application. Monitors database maintenance and provides appropriate recommendations, when required.
* Coordinates with business development personnel on proposals and work estimates involving highly complex system administration projects and solutions.
* Researches current systems technology and serves as subject matter expert on complex systems processes and procedures.
* Provides technical leadership to internal and external personnel on highly complex system installation processes. Mentors and provides guidance to less experienced personnel.
* Provides technical leadership to appropriate personnel on highly complex system administration activities. Provides technical solutions and escalated support for non-routine, highly complex technical issues.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
* Seven or more years of technical experiences in a client-server environment
* Experience working with highly complex systems administration, database administration, and landscape maintenance
* Experience working with company products and services
* Experience working with company and client documentation and storage procedures
* Experience working with highly complex system implementations and organizational processes
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
* Strong communication skills
* Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
* Good ability to lead and work as part of a team