1. Reviews and processes problem claims for billed services. Reviews any denials and works toward resolution of the claim.
2. Responds to payor requests for additional information regarding claims and communicates such requests to the agencies.
3. Initiates or responds to calls and other inquiries regarding the status of claims.
The AR Coordinator must be training or trained and proficient in their area, AR, Adjustments, or Epremis and have a working knowledge of the other process areas.
To ensure that balances on claims that cannot be collected are zeroed out on the ledger and posted to the patient account.
To ensure that all denied and rejected claims are identified the necessary corrections and or adjustments are made in order for the claim to be processed correctly.
To ensure proper payment has been received according to the expected reimbursement amount also to determine why proper payment has not been received and to make necessary corrections or adjustments in order for the claim to be processed correctly.
To ensure complete and accurate refund of overpayments made by payors other than Medicare.
To ensure that all claims that are needing to be followed up on are worked in a timely manner.
1. High school diploma or equivalent required. Post-Secondary education or training in business or medical billing/collections preferred.
2. Two (2) years experience in healthcare preferred.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of Healthcare billing and collections.
4. Strong data entry skills and ability to type 40-50 wpm with a high level of accuracy.
5. Strong computer and software skills.
6. Ability to use standard office equipment to include copiers, fax machines, and other methods of electronic communications.
7. Excellent interpersonal skills including excellent verbal and written communication skills.
8. Demonstrated knowledge of customer service skills when responding to questions and other inquiries from internal and external customers.
About Kelly Services®
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly®offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class
staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provides employment to more than 560,000 employees annually.
Revenue in 2012 was $5.5 billion.
[Visitkellyservices.comand connect with us onFacebook,LinkedIn, andTwitter.
DownloadThe Talent Project, a free iPad app by Kelly Services.]]]