Title: Executive Director, National Financial Planning and Analysis
Location: Oakland, CA
The Executive Director of FP&A is a key position to lead & co-ordinate enterprise-wide FP&A efforts to enhance capabilities to effectively steward KP performance through financial planning & performance analysis. This position is responsible for leading the cross-enterprise FP&A leadership team & executing on enterprise-wide FP&A transformation efforts, reporting to the VP - National FP&A.
The role will act as Program Director for execution of enterprise-wide FP&A priorities including program-wide financial planning process & platform deployment, standardization of program-wide financial data & key metrics, reducing cycle time & establishing FP&A talent management discipline. This role is responsible for re-engineering & process improvements within National FP&A in order to optimize financial performance & analytical capabilities. The role will also lead the FP&A support services functions including information enablement & data sourcing, stakeholder management processes & reporting.
- Leads enterprise FP&A capability transformation
o With sponsorship of National FP&A VP and CFOs, formulates strategic direction for enterprise FP&A capabilities.
o Directs capability enhancement program - drives program roadmap, plan, execution, deliverables and finances for all work streams:
- Budgeting & forecasting process & platform -In concert with national, regional and business unit FP&A leaders/process owners, coordinates end-to-end program-wide planning process enhancement and integrated planning platform deployment
- Reduce cycle time - streamline time from close to performance analysis and forecasting, allowing nimbler delivery of performance analysis and insights.
- Standardized data & reporting - standardize key expense categories and metrics to allow faster comparable performance analysis.
- Talent Management - establish talent management discipline and processes that ensure strong FP&A competencies and talent pipeline.
o Presents regular updates to senior leadership (CFOs, enterprise FP&A Leadership Team, Steering Committee).
o Executive lead interfacing with Onelink and IT to drive technology enablement of FP&A.
o Leads work to frame business issues, develop solution alternatives, create a multi-year business plan and business case, and obtain agreement on a preferred option and the associated finances.
- Responsible for re-engineering and process improvements within National FP&A in order to optimize financial performance and analytical capabilities.
o Formulates strategic direction for consolidated planning & analysis approaches in partnership with the Regional & National functional areas.
o In concert with National FP&A leaders/process owners, coordinates end-to-end process improvement initiatives.
o Ensures adoption of best practices from internal & external sources.
o Develops appropriate metrics to measure effectiveness & support timely & effective decision making.
o Ensures documentation of key processes to ensure appropriate back up & ongoing knowledge transfer with staffing changes.
- Directs National FP&A support services functions
o Leads information enablement & data sourcing strategy & execution. Assesses current information delivery state, develops future state vision & roadmap to enable & deliver improved information & analytical capabilities.
o Develops and drives stakeholder management and reporting capabilities.
o Develops stakeholder relationships with Onelink, MIA, DSS, etc., and uses these to strengthen information enablement for performance analysis and deeper focus on operational performance.
- Demonstrated equivalent experience with Bachelor''s degree will be considered.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in financial planning, analysis, strategic planning or equivalent required.
- Customer focused with outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a range of stakeholders to establish effective relationships at all levels of the organization. Ability to work collaboratively in a matrix environment, while developing effective relationships and achieving results required.
- Expertise in financial and strategic planning and analysis, financial modeling. Thorough knowledge of process and tool enhancements, optimization and financial systems integration.
- Leadership and talent management experience, five or more years required. Expertise in motivating and developing high performing staff.
- Demonstrated experience in program management and financial systems deployment. Strong ability to champion and lead broad complex programs, organization change efforts and use influence and change management skills required. Strong strategic and systems thinking skills required. Expert in prioritizing tasks and leveraging resources.
- Strong ability to analyze, understand and communicate complex issues and trends required. Strong ability to manage budgeting, forecasting and analytical functions in a dynamic environment required.
- Experience with data management, business intelligence and benchmarking preferred.
- Executive presence and excellent communication (written and verbal) and negotiation skills required.
- Master''s degree in Business Administration with financial focus, Health Care Administration, Public Health or other related field strongly preferred.
- CPA or CMA preferred.