Founded in 1997, Swirl is an independently-owned advertising and marketing agency based in San Francisco. Our clients range from national and international brands such as Microsoft Stores, eBay, Cost Plus World Market, Delta Dental, Soy Vay, and California Table Grape Commission to regional favorites, like Torani, Pier 39, The Marine Mammal Center, Metropolitan Transportation Commission (Clipper), U.C. Berkeley-Ts College of Natural Sciences, Common Sense Media and PG&E.
Swirl has doubled in size over the last 18 months and is now over 100 people. As part of the growing Swirl team, you-Tll be entitled to a great list of benefits including (but not limited to!) medical, dental, vision, 401k, flex spending, and continuing education stipends. Oh, and let-Ts not forget coffee, snacks of the sweet and savory order, the Swirl Friday Walking Club, Munny Doll avatars, community service days, monthly happy hours, and birthday celebrations. Swirl is a current 4A-Ts member and uses the latest and greatest in talent management systems, Rypple.com.
We are looking for an IT Support Tech to help support the IT Director as well as offer day-to-day IT support to an 75-person company. This a great opportunity for a college student and/or recent grad looking to build upon their experience. We are a fun-loving, non-cynical group of people who check their egos at the door. We love technology, so you will, too.
In this position, you will be the on-site point person for all things IT Support-related, from troubleshooting user issues and assisting the IT Director in helping the IT department grow efficiently with the agency overall growth.
* Troubleshoot desktop PC and Mac issues
* Monitor back up
* Set up new employees and contracts with e-mail, connectivity, server access
* Prepare A/V capabilities for presentations
* Keep detailed inventory of hardware and software up to date
We''re half Mac and half PC and we''re not trying to move towards one or away from the other. You must be comfortable working with both, and good at finding ways to work around the quirks of each.
You must be able to quickly troubleshoot and address end-user desktop support issues, and be able to identify cases where desktop problems are symptoms of some larger server or network problem. You will receive training in this area.
- Prior IT support experience in a networked environment strongly desired.
- Familiarity with current-generation Macintosh hardware and previous experience with OSX.
- You should be motivated and self-directed, able to successfully complete projects with minimal assistance and supervision.
- In the regular course of your duties, you will be expected to move computer equipment; you must, therefore be able to comfortably lift objects weighing as much as 50 pounds.
- Most of all, you should enjoy working with technology AND people. Especially the people.
Send your resume, along with a cover letter describing your qualifications. Please include title,IT Support Tech, in the subject line of your e-mail.
Please also answer the following two questions to the best of your ability:
* How would you go about manually removing a printer driver from OSX 10 using the terminal application?
* How would you perform the same task using Windows 7?
Please note: applications without cover letters or answers to the two questions above will not be considered.