Zencoder offers awesome, API-driven video tools in the cloud. Our users range from small startups to major broadcasters. Customers love us and we''re growing quickly. Come be a part of the future of web video.
We are looking for a Integration Support Engineer to work with customers as they work with our APIs. This is a developer role - you will actually write code - but also involves frequent interaction with other developers. You will work on software that helps users understand and integrate with Zencoder, including integration libraries, open source clients, and internal tools (like ourAPI Request Builder). You will also chat with Zencoder customers and work on our documentation.
We believe that support is one of the most important parts of any developer-focused company. So rather than having uninformed L1 support and grumpy L2 support, we make support a part of our core engineering team.
* You are a developer familiar with multiple languages. If you don''t know them already, you''re interested in getting at least basic experience with Ruby, Python, PHP, .NET, Java, and others.
* You enjoy working with other developers, and interacting with them via chat, email, Twitter, and Stack Overflow.
* Prior experience with video a big help. If you don''t have this, you want to learn.
* Good writing and communication skills. You don''t mind working on API docs.
* You understand the principles of software craftsmanship. You write clean code, even when working on extremely hard problems. You unit test everything.
* You are patient and empathetic. Even when a user gets upset or doesn''t understand you, you stay positive and help them understand.
What you''ll do:
* Make Zencoder''s API continually easier to work with. Create new tools and systems when they''ll help.
* Listen to the questions that developers have, and make corresponding improvements across the Zencoder system.
* Write and curate our documentation. Our docs are good right now; how can we make them great?
* Chat with customers who are using Zencoder. Answer questions, troubleshoot problems, and help people understand how Zencoder works. Respond to emails within 15 minutes.
* Curate our integration libraries (Ruby, Python, PHP, etc.) and other tools.
* Salary and full benefits
* Stock options in a growing company
* Catered lunches every day
* Aeron chair and a Mac setup of your choice
* Commuter benefits
* Relocation help to the Bay Area
What we look for in all employees:
* Ambition to make things awesome, not just good enough
* Excitement about Zencoder and what we''re building
* Positive attitude and desire to work with great people
How to apply:
Send us a cover letter explaining why you think you would be a good fit for this position. Include your resume, plus links to your blog, Twitter account, projects you''ve worked on, talks you given, etc.