Join the #1 brand and top Web property focused on answering people’s questions. At Ask.com, we’re building a next-generation Q&A service – spanning both the Web and mobile devices -- that combines the power of search with insight from real users. At Ask, we empower each individual to succeed, communicate their ideas, and take action. When you work here, you know your contributions will have a direct and immediate impact on the company. We are serious about creating and maintaining a company culture that is both innovative and fun, and we’re looking for great people to come join our team.
Interaction Designers at Ask play a pivotal role in the strategy, conception and design of groundbreaking digital products. We are seeking Interaction Designers who have solid experience connecting customers to brands through intuitive trans-formative user experiences.
* Participate in the creation of product concepts while inspiring team members
* Translate abstract concepts into simple and elegant product designs
* Create detailed wireframes and page flows
* Ability to code interactive prototypes using Ruby on Rails, HTML5, and CSS
* Participate in user testing and review sessions to gather feedback and translate into insights
* Work closely with fellow Creative, Product Managers and Engineers to ensure the quality of your product
* Strong ability to and understanding of the importance in communicating horizontally and vertically when pursuing product team goals
Minimum Qualifications include:
* 3+ years experience in an Interaction Designer role
* Demonstrated hands-on experience prototyping using Ruby on Rails, CSS3 and HTML5
* Solid understanding and demonstration of user centered design principles
* Good understanding of what types of experiences are made possible by current digital technologies
* Ability to develop simple and elegant design approaches to complex design problems
* Strong desire to actively collaborate as part of a multi-disciplinary team
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, and analytical skills
* Ability to switch between different projects in a fast-paced environment
* Work with grace under pressure
* Strong presenting, verbal, written, and visual presentation skills.
* Natural ability to distinguish between “good” and “great” work
* Desire to nurture teams to deliver results
* A true understanding that product teams succeed sooner by trial and experimentation
* Understanding that prototyping can be done at various levels of fidelity and have experience executing and leading that work
* Familiarity with Adobe CS Suite design products.
* Comfortable working with Omnigraffle or similar wireframing applications.
* Adept at communicating ideas and intentions into action items.
* Self-driven to offer innovative solutions and employ best practices.
* Looks for opportunities to create outstanding UI with every project.
<< Back to Current Openings