Title: Litigation Product Specialist- San Francisco / Pacific Northwest
Location: US-CA-San Francisco
The Litigation Product Specialist (LPS) is a sales specialist role, responsible for utilizing a pre and post sales model to optimize the sales, installation, usage and retention of West litigation solution offerings.
This position is an integral member of the District SLF team, and requires a detailed understanding of the legal industry, the typical workflows in a small law firm, strong solutions product technical knowledge and a strong appreciation for the firm''s business operations and business strategy. From this foundation, the Litigation Product Specialist works in conjunction with the Sales Consultant and pre and post sales team to present viable and attractive solutions to client firms in order to assist the Sales Consultant in securing West Solution Sales and increased customer retention.
* Partners with the Sales Consultant to develop new sales revenues and client retention by utilizing knowledge of law firm business and its constituent workflows to conceive and position value-added solutions to promote business growth in the firm and to lift West sales
* Participate in pre-sales calls, deliver customized presentations (in person or via Web), contribute to written proposals and provide subject-matter expertise for West Solution Products
* Build strong "trust" relationships with clients, create trust and confidence at multiple levels, including end-users, decision makers, key contacts, and managers to increase revenue and field sales opportunities
* Communicate with customers both in person and over the phone to gain a strong understanding of their business and how West solutions products can add value
* Operates as an integral member of the SLF sales team, contributing product application skills and knowledge to the development of solution sales strategy. Acts as a ''subject matter expert'' and owns this role in the overall sales process
* Prospects as needed at localized events and works closely at the district level with the West Sales Consultants, Research Specialists, STARS and Segment partners to identify strong leads
* Attends sales meetings, trade shows and regional and district meetings as required
* Train and support field based consultants in selling solution products
* The role requires overnight travel to client locations, meetings and West sites
* Litigation Product Specialist will support district solution product quota, giving them direct responsibility for driving the new sales number while teaming
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world''s businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world''s most trusted news organization.
* Exhibits in-depth and comprehensive product knowledge of legal solutions products
* Must have the skills and knowledge required to identify the unique technical, business, and technological requirements of a given SLF customer to create a solution that employs West Solution product capabilities
* Must have a thorough understanding of legal marketing and technology in order to fully understand end user requirements
* Proven ability to clearly and strongly position complex technical information and solutions in front of targeted users in the form of demonstrations and help drive the sale
* Be able to understand and assimilate the jurisdictional requirements of the local legal market to understand and more effectively position West solutions from a jurisdictional perspective while also partnering with local associations where possible
* Capable of managing against an annual sales quota and influence sales partners accordingly
* Strong sales acumen and understanding of sales cycles
* Have excellent presentation skills and be able to travel throughout the district - 60% travel
* Preferred background in West products
* Shows professional demeanor and a consultative, strategic sales capability
* Proven ability to engage and partner with Product and Segment groups to understand and position complex legal technical solutions as well as provide immediate market feedback
* Able to understand and interpret the technical concepts of the products and to communicate these concepts to firm personnel in an articulate, credible manner.
* Able to apply product knowledge, skills and presentation or demonstration skills to advance the sales process, from needs analysis, solution design through to sale, implementation and post sales support
* BS or BA required
* JD, MBA or other advance degree preferred
* 3 years experience in the online information industry or related high-value technology products or services into small law firm accounts.
* Prior knowledge or experience of small law firm business operations and workflow solutions
* Prior sales experience or experience with similar sales model preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the H-1B visa cap has been met for the 2013 fiscal year (October 1, 2012-September 30, 2013).