Title: Registered Dietitian I - Grade 30 (4862)
Location: Hayward, CA
Responsible for providing clinical nutrition care & services to patients/clients in response to protocol & physician''s orders to include the following: assessment of Patient''s nutritional risks/status, development of care plans to meet nutritional needs of patients, counseling of patients & family members, and education of patients, family members & caregivers. In addition, hospital Based RD work w/ the Food Service staff to coordinate the food w/ the diet orders, & work to establish quality standard w/ staff and services provided may be on medical center wide basis, in specialty area (e.g. ambulatory, maternal/child health, home health, hospice, etc.) &/or across the continuum.
- Provides comprehensive nutritional care, which is customer focused & cost effective, while maintaining high quality service standards, to our members.
- Provides nutritional screening & assessment of patients for appropriate nutrition intervention.
- In accordance with physician orders, develop individualized nutrition care plans based on patient''s age, sex, diagnosis, cultural background, pain level, preferences, & religious practices.
- Conducts audits &/or menu reviews, & ensures patient menus or supplemental feedings meet nutritional requirements & physician''s orders for individual patients to include size, age, gender, cultural backgrounds, preferences, diagnosis, pain level, & religious practices.
- Develops meal plans to meet the member''s lifestyle.
- Documents in the medical records as appropriate.
- Coordinates activities w/ the food service department to insure quality & accuracy of the food served to the patients.
- Monitors the accuracy of the tray related to the MNT or diet order according to diet manual.
- Checks for quality of product & is responsible for corrections & quality follow-up w/ manager/supervisor, staff, or vendor.
- Writes assessments, implements nutritional care plans, & follows the care & progress of the patients per protocol.
- Participate in the design, development & implementation of high quality, cost effective food & clinical nutrition programs, policies & practices in the medical center, & ensure compliance w/ administrative, legal & regulatory requirements.
- Assists in the development, implementation & maintenance of nutrition care, & service standards.
- Participates in the development & implementation of quality, service & performance improvement processes related to the delivery of clinical nutrition services.
- Contributes to the overall cost structure & service improvement goals of the Service Area.
- Conducts quality assurance audits & participates in committees & meetings to receive & report information.
- Assists in compiling audit information & standard setting.
- Provide feedback to Division Food & Clinical Nutrition Services staff or menu modifications & revision.
- Provides input to the budget process.
- May provide in-service training to staff.
- Participates in the organizations quality program.
- Helps identify risk factors and establish performance targets & goals.
- Performs quality audits, reviews work, & assists others to improve performance.
- Performs other related duties as necessary
- May mentor, assist, review, assign, correct, organize and/or coordinate the work of new employees, students, Nutrition Aides, Nutrition Clerks, Nutrition Assistants and Diet Technician Registered but does not have the authority to hire, fire or discipline.
- Six (6) months of experience in clinical nutrition as a registered dietitian. If working in End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD), must have at least one (1) year of experience in clinical nutrition as a registered dietitian.
- Bachelor''s degree in Food &/or Nutritional Science.
- Current registration w/ the Commission on Dietetic Registry (CDR) in good standing.
- Must have a Nat''l Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an NPI, prior to employment start date.
- Knowledge of clinical competencies based on Nutrition Care Standards of the American Dietetic Association, California Dietetic Association (CDA), & American Society for Partenteral & Enteral Nutrition.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, & local regulations, & The Joint Commission requirements.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, & customer service skills required.
- Collaboration & problem solving skills required.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Also, refer to position specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.