Senior Scientist, R&D
Job ID: BP20122811-73586
Expertise Scientific Research & Development
Job Type Full-time
Location United States - California - Fremont
Job Level Experienced
Posting date: November 30, 2012
We are looking for innovative candidates to develop cutting edge diagnostic methods that will have a direct impact on patient lives. Ideal candidates will have extensive experience in LCMS method development and quantification of small molecule for diagnostic products. Knowledge of identification and assessment of critical raw materials is an advantage but not required. The ideal candidate will have expertise in method design, optimization, verification, and validation. Strong capabilities developing quantitative assays using triple quadrupole mass spectrometry are essential and a deep understanding of separation techniques. Experience with Turbo Flow LC/MS is preferred but not required. Experience with clinical bioanalytical applications and authorship of SOP’s would be a distinct advantage.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
* To develop LC-MS/MS method for quantitation of small molecules in various biological matrices for specific application.
* Plan and coordinate numerous activities with a multi-disciplinary team to achieve maximum efficiency.
* Assist in the training of junior scientists, manufacturing, and QC scientists. Prepare manufacturing documents including SOP’s. Assist in project’s method transfer.
* Strong theoretical and hands-on experience in LC-MS/MS on a broad range of instruments, sample preparation and separation, chromatography, troubleshooting and routine instrument maintenance.
* Develop, verify and validate new assays independently. Design and conduct experiments of high complexity within aggressive timelines. Exercise sound technical judgment to solve a wide range of complex scientific problems.
* Interpret, document and communicate effectively complex findings, progress and recommendations in discussions and meetings.
* Recommend innovative solutions to problems with high degree of independent thinking and proficiency. Research new and/or improve product development methodologies
* Experience in product development in diagnostic industry preferred.
* Work with potentially hazardous chemicals and human source materials.
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
* Perform other responsibilities to support the needs of the department as assigned.
M.S. in analytical chemistry or related discipline with a minimum of 8 years relevant experience or Ph.D. in analytical chemistry or related discipline with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience.)