15179">Sr. Engineer - Systems
Job Description :
Analyzes, researches, designs, and tests component parts, processes, or systems to develop new and/or improve core products. Designs products or systems of diverse/difficult scope and complexity using engineering principles based on assigned engineering domain (e.g. mechanical; electrical; chemical, etc.). Develops and recommends solutions to a variety of complex engineering requirements to ensure that design objectives are met. Projects at this level are assigned to develop in-depth knowledge and skills and to build knowledge of the organization, processes, and customers.
Scope/Supervision and Interaction:
____ Has Direct Reports _X__ Does Not Have Direct Reports
Works within engineering and cross-functional teams within and/or across the business unit or division. May have regular customer/supplier interaction.
1. Develops complex conceptual and detailed design specifications by analyzing product performance and customer requirements. Investigates design factors such as function, materials, performance, interchangeability, cost, operational efficiency, and contractual requirements. Performs diverse and complex product development, modification, and evaluation of components, subsystems, and systems by applying engineering principles and developing new or unique analysis tools as required.
2. Applies scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure the outcome and consequence of design alternatives. Interprets and validates test results for accuracy and precision. Oversees and monitors product acceptance procedures and parameters to achieve customer and product reliability and safety standards (e.g. failure analysis). Utilizes and interprets predictive models to simulate and verify design concepts.
3. Completes technical project elements (e.g. preparation of product or system layout; defining system architecture; creating software development plans; etc.) as assigned. Develops critical data and analysis necessary to present technical product and/or system proposals to customers.
4. Contributes to the completion milestones associated with specific projects (e.g. create functional diagrams and system layouts; review detailed drawings and schematics; define data structure, interfaces and programming logic; analyze material requirements; research customer data item requirements).
5. Reviews product specifications and/or modifications to ensure clarity, completeness, form, fit, function, and conformity to standards and procedures. Troubleshoots design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommends revisions, engineering change orders, and improvements to engineering management or the project team.
6. Provides technical information for review with product engineering teams applying consistent engineering practices, standards, and documentation methods (e.g. structured design process; customer design reviews). Writes supporting documentation for procedures and technical reports.
7. Conducts complex analysis and devises tests to validate performance in the development of new products, methods, materials or processes. Completes required documentation, generates detailed reports, creates customer proposals and presentations and/or change proposals. Determines required actions, performs or directs completion of tasks, and publishes findings and/or results.
8. Compiles and analyzes operation, test, and research data, develop acceptance, engineering evaluation, development and qualification/certification test plans, procedures, and reports.
9. May communicate with customers to identify new business opportunities, present Parker product capabilities, and clarify customers’ technical requirements. May write technical proposals for customers by reviewing and interpreting specifications and requirements.
10. Mentors or serves as a resource to share specialized knowledge with others. Establishes goals and objectives and tracks performance required to complete projects.
11. Updates professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications, and/or participating in professional associations.
Job Requirements :
· Bachelors degree (BS) (or Professional Engineer (PE) certificate) in engineering or a science technical discipline. Masters degree (MS preferred.
Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through 7-9 years of related experience.
· Has thorough in-depth knowledge of engineering domain principles, concepts, product standards, and techniques, industry practices, regulations, and policies. Ability to apply broad knowledge of other related engineering areas to area of expertise.
· Demonstrated ability to investigate and implement new technologies.
· Proficient with engineering design and analysis tools (e.g. computer-aided design or modeling systems); ability to use standard software packages. May require capability using specialized software applications or languages.
· Ability to establish individual objectives to complete projects and provide status to the team at project milestones. Ability to effectively influence the overall team and functional objectives.
· Ability to effectively communicate and present status, actions, recommendations, and other technical information with clarity and precision. Ability to respond to significant inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies, or marketing/sales teams.
The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
Offer Relocation :Yes
Other Skills :Addition Skills and Knowledge:
1. Experienced with EMC compliance testing of Avionics and Flight Control Systems.
2. Familiar with test automation tools, processes, procedures and standards (DO-160, MIL-STD-461)
3. Familiar with flight control system integration and verification activities; including requirement reviews, test procedure development, automated test script development, test planning/execution, and test reporting.
4. Experienced with System and LRU troubleshooting associated with EMC test anomalies.
5. Strong communication and interpersonal skills required to coordinate cross functional activities to achieve common goals
Specific Job Responsibilities:
1. Supporting planning, organization and execution of Flight Control System EMC Verification activities; including test plans/procedures, tools, requirements, reports, test data analysis, cause & corrective action.
2. Verification activities at all levels inside and outside the organization including test script development, verification test, failure investigation, problem reports, and regression tests.
3. Support requirement development, including review requirements maturity, allocation to appropriate means of compliance in coordination with the design team, customer and supplier.
4. Support customer on-site and product in-service activities.
Equal opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident Status required.