Ticket Sales Agent - PT - Seasonal - Ticket POS - Kirkwood, CA (7789)
ID 7789 - Posted 08/16/2012 - Operations - Seasonal - United States - California - Kirkwood - Kirkwood Ski Resort - Mountain Resorts
Job Description Print Preview
ApplySave JobEmail Job to FriendReturn to List
Kirkwood Mountain Resort is located atop the Sierra Crest with a geographical advantage that accounts for the lightest and driest snow in the Lake Tahoe region. With an annual snowfall of over 600 inches, it is easy to see why Kirkwood has become synonymous with deep powder skiing and riding. With over 2,300 acres of legendary terrain and an intimate mountain village setting, Kirkwood Mountain Resort provides destination guests a perfect backdrop for an energizing getaway. Have you ever wondered what it is like to ski or ride in fresh powder on your lunch break? Do you like meeting new people from all over the world? How about sunshine? Would you like to live, work and play in a state that averages over 300 days of sunshine per year? Well if you answered yes to any of these questions, then welcome to Kirkwood, the Sierra Nevada's premier winter playground! Jaw-dropping views, combined with enthusiastic and dependable employees, make Kirkwood one of the greatest places to work in the world.
Product Sales and Service: Sales Agent
Kirkwood''s Product Sales and Service team is looking to hire part time Ticket POS Agents for the 2012-13 Winter Season. The POS Agent will be responsible for selling tickets and passes on the front line at Kirkwood''s ticket office locations. This position requires a full knowledge of our products and services. As a front line Ticket POS Agent, you will get a high level of guest interaction and will be the face of Kirkwood! We are looking for organized individuals who are positive, outgoing, has a passion for the outdoors, is well disciplined, and takes pride in their work.
Additional responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Opening and closing duties of assigned ticket office;
* Creating a fun and professional work environment;
* Processing accurate financial transactions in RPOS with all forms of payment;
* Answering any and all Kirkwood specific questions and being knowledgeable about the history and culture of Kirkwood;
* Keeping the offices clean, neat, organized, and presentable at all times;
* Own, personalize, and elevate overall office experience with guest and co-workers.
* Able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays;
* Able to lift and carry 25 lbs;
* Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English language proficiently.
* Experience handling money and working with the general public;
* Skill in customer relations, communications, and problem solving;
* Microsoft Office proficient (Word, Excel);
Experience of a Lifetime.More than just our mission, these words describe our unique and iconic resorts and the people who share a desire to achieve and experience excellence. One of our core values is providing an exceptional experience to our guests and to our employees. An opportunity to work at Vail Resorts is an opportunity to bring out your full passion for everything our company stands for, including our commitment to our product, the communities we live in, the environment and our shareholders. Our employees are good at what they do, and we welcome people who bring enthusiasm and pride to work.
Vail Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer