Registered Nurse - Telemetry
Facility: Community Memorial Healthcenter
Department: West Wing - Tele
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Night Shift
Job Details: Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing
Licensed as RN in State of VA or Compact State
Uses critical thinking and evidence based practice to treat and educate patients, provide emotional support and advice, evaluate, plan, prevent disease, promote good health and help patients and their families deal with illness and injury.
· The registered nurse collects comprehensive data pertinent to the patient''s health or the situation and analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnoses or issues.
· The registered nurse identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the patient or the situation, develops a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to attain expected outcomes.
· The registered nurse implements the identified plan, coordinates care delivery and employs strategies to promote health and a safe environment.
· The registered nurse evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes. Collaborates with patient, significant others, and health care providers in providing and evaluating care.
· The registered nurse attains knowledge and competency that reflects current nursing practice and evaluate one''s own nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules, and regulations.
· The registered nurse interacts with and contributes to the professional development of peers and colleagues. Collaborates with patient, family and others in the conduct of nursing practice.
· The registered nurse provides leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession.
· Education: Graduate of an accredited NLN school of professional nursing or foreign school approved by the Virginia Board of Nursing or licensed pending State Board approval. Licensure in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN) or a licensed member of a Compact state.
· Experience: Advanced knowledge of physiological, psychosocial, and therapeutic components specific to the care of the critically ill patient preferred. New graduates will be considered. One year acute nursing Medical /Surgical nursing experience preferred; cardiovascular and telemetry experience desired.
· Certification: BLS required - ACLS, PALS, Specialty certification preferred.