AmeriCold Logistics, the largest provider of temperature controlled distribution services in the US, is seeking an Apprentice Maintenance Technician to join the team at our Nampa, Idahofacility.
Under close supervision, performs routine general maintenance and repair throughout the warehouse. Maintenance areas includie electricity, plumbing, lift truck, refrigeration, ammonia and carpentry.
* Performs basic repair and adjustment of refrigeration system, doors, dock boards, pallet racks, sweepers, sprinkler systems, forklifts, pallet trucks, and electrical work in accordance with OSHA Standards.
* Cleans, changes, and lubricates bearings, gears and other machinery parts using rags, brushes and grease gun.
* Maintain tools and machinery in good condition and use tools and equipment carefully as instructed.
* Maintain batteries and chargers in working order in accordance withy OSHA Standard.
* Conducts test of safety equipment (Exit signs, fire extinguishers, sprinkler systems, etc.) to ensure OHSA and operational standards.
* Maintains accurate preventive maintenance records.
* Assist in answering security alarm calls as needed.
* Keeps work area clean and performs housekeeping duties as required.
* Performs related work and other job assignments as required.
* 1-3 years maintenance mechanic experience
* Must have successfully completed RETA basic refrigeration and basic electrical courses.
* Knowledge of general warehouse practices
* Strong communication skills
* Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented situations
* Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, as well as interpret pencil sketches and diagrams
* Knowledge of various types of equipment in maintenance trades
* Must be able to work flexible shifts if required
* Must be able to respond to facility after hours “call backs”
* Must have successfully completed HAZMAT responder training.
* Microsoft knowledge preferred
Physical Requirements: While performing the essential functions of this job, the associate is required to constantly function in a cold environment. The associate is frequently required to lift up to 80 lbs.; stand; handle objects; sit; use close vision; and use distance vision. The associate is occasionally required to bend, twist, kneel, climb and hear.
Keyword: Warehouse Maintenance, Warehouse Mechanics