Job Description :
We’re a company born and bred in the Northwest. One that takes great pride in our heritage and our unique brand identity. Yes, we’re also a multi-million-dollar household-name women’s apparel company. But unlike other big players, here you’ll be part of a small-scale, high-visibility team.
You’ll have the opportunity to live a lifestyle seldom realized in most corporate settings. Along with a competitive salary and benefits, we offer a full relocation package to Sandpoint, Idaho – a town that’s been called: the “No. 1 Ski Town in the USA,” (Rand McNally), “an idyllic adventure haven” (National Geographic Traveler) and “the most beautiful small town in America” (USA Today). > if you’re as passionate about the great outdoors and small-town culture as you are about your work, read on. We’d love to talk to you.
What makes us unique
· Our home office campus is located on 20 pristine acres on the outskirts of Sandpoint, a commute of 10 minutes from town (15 if you bike), with stunning views of the Selkirk & Cabinet Mountains from our acclaimed onsite restaurant/cafeteria.
· Work out before, during or after work in our full-service gym staffed with expert personal trainers. Or take one of multiple fitness classes offered daily, including core strength training, yoga, and kettlebells. Then head for the sauna and/or showers in our separate his-and-her locker rooms.
· Relax and recharge at Coldwater Creek The Spa, a tranquil oasis located inside our fitness facilities. It offers special employee rates and priority appointments for massages, facials, and nail treatments.
· Enjoy a hefty discount on Coldwater Creek apparel and home goods/gifts, as well as price breaks on many local attractions and amenities, including season passes to Schweitzer Mountain Ski Resort.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Sourcing, the Director of Technical Design partners with the Design / Product Development and Merchandising teams to create compelling merchandise that is a true reflection of the high quality and fit standards Coldwater Creek is known for. You’ll be responsible for overseeing the technical garment engineering process from design handoff to final production approval. Establish global guidelines, execute and ensure the compliance with the corporate fit strategy, along with construction and quality compliance to Coldwater Creek’s standards within the seasonal deadlines. As a proven leader, you’ll establish a strategic vision for the Technical team in Sandpoint.
· Owns fit consistency and brand right fit execution across all regions and suppliers via standardized processes.
· Own development and review block use.
· Ensure understanding and execution of corporate fit strategy and block use within global vendor community.
· Own development and execution of standardized grading rules
· Own communication of seasonal fit status
Cross Functional Collaboration
· Partner with design / product development, merchandising, and sourcing along with the vendor base to ensure development and production deadlines are met.
· Resolve garment engineering and component costing issues via technical recommendations and solutions.
· Attend key milestone meetings.
· Oversee management and scheduling of all fit sessions and agendas
· Interact with Fabric R&D team to identify and rectify problematic fabrics in preproduction stage.
· Work with the regional quality assurance teams to resolve production quality issues.
· Engage and influence cross functional and global partners and suppliers
· Based on customer feedback and customer return information establish an ongoing strategic fit analysis
Training and Development
· Review and monitor associates’ development.
· Assess associates’ technical skills and performance.
· On boarding and training of technical partners globally.
· Develop managers’ leadership and technical capability.
Characteristics of Success
· Must have 7 – 10 years experience in execution of fit strategy, block development, grading and pattern making for women’s apparel
· Degree in Textiles and Clothing with pattern modifying preferred
· Advanced knowledge of the apparel development process from concept through production
· Detail oriented with ability to control and ensure our high quality standards and brand integrity
· Ability to facilitate problem solving strategies with cross functional team members
· Manufacturing experience is a plus
· Strong computer skills in Word and Excel, as well as PLM tech system (Freeboarders preferred)
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Able to maintain tight deadlines, and produce high quality work
· Enjoy working in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
· Travel required