We find our people asinnovativeas we do our company.
Fun, smart and vibrant people make up ourXu(pronounced "zoo")team! Our collaborative, dynamic and high energy environment make this the kind of place where people want to work.OurXuteam is growing looking for additional members:
DataXuseeks a highly motivated Data Engineer to participate in engineeringDataXu-Ts leading automated media decision platform for advertisers.
The Data Engineer is a technical position with hands-on development and operational responsibilities. We are looking for someone who is adept both at understanding the information content of data and in transforming and preparing the data for analytical and reporting purposes.
* Support existing production environment for reporting database.
* Work directly with internal and external customers to define data requirements to support reporting and analytics
* Design, implement, and maintain logical and physical models for reporting and analytical databases.
* Support application developers in their use of the reporting and analytical databases.
* Performance tuning of the reporting database and individual SQL statements.
* Define and execute plan for measuring and maintaining data integrity throughout the workflow.
* Solid understanding of OLAP database and ETL data processing concepts
* 4+ years experience in data modeling and data warehouse design, preferably in a marketing database environment
* 4+ years experience in Java programming required
* Experience with Hadoop / Hive is a plus
* Full implementation cycle experience in OLAP databases (requirements, design, implementation, testing, release, and operational support)
* Must have experience working in an Agile development process
* Experience in Unix/Linux including one or more of the following scripting tools: ksh, bash, awk, perl or python
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Experience working in a team environment
* Knowledge and experience with statistic modeling and machine learning systems a strong plus.
* Experience with Ruby a plus.
* 4+ years hands-on experience with relational databases and data warehouses including posgreSQL, Oracle, GreenPlum, Vertica or Netezza.
About the Company:
Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices in New York, Chicago, San Francisco and Europe,
DataXu(www.dataxu.com)(Voted byAdvertising Ageas Best Place to Work&Named "Top Place to Work" byThe Boston Globe)is the only multi-channel digital marketing management (DMM) platform offering optimization for display, video, and mobile advertisersin real time. Now experience exceptional growth,DataXuis a private, venture backed company with the resources to make a big impact and the agility to lead revolutionary change in both technology and media.
DataXuis leading a revolution in advertising with first and only machine learning-based DMM platform:DX3, which makes impression-level decisions in real time, optimizing the creative, consumer and contextual ad choices to help brands acquire more customers for less money. Forrester Research (in December 2011) has recognized DataXu as a Leader in the space, with DX3 ranked as the #1 current offering.-releases/forrester-wave-report/
Beyond technology,DataXuhas developed a trusted reputation for expertly advising andservicing advertisers and media agenciestrying to cross the chasm into a data-driven way of working.DataXuis now expanding those relationships globally.
* Medical & Dental Insurance - 100% company paid deductible
* FSA (Medical, Dependent & Transportation care)
* Onsite dry cleaning service
* Company paid weekly catered lunches
* Innovation Days
* Generous Employee Referral Program
* Monthly Employee Recognition Program
* Free snacks and drinks
* Friday socials