Title: DQ&G EndtoEnd Tsting Examiner
Location: North America-United States-New York-Buffalo
This role executes processes by which the Basel II End to End team (E2E) validates the integrity of the data by testing the effectiveness of controls the Line of Business (LOB), and respective support teams have initiated to guarantee the quality of data (completeness & accuracy) as it flows from input to output.
Impact on the Business
Work with the business in the identification of Basel II criticaldataelements (CDEs) and documentdataflows from source points ofdatacreation through to the target FFIEC 101 reports.
Work with the business in the identification of data quality business rules, priority, and ownership for CDEs.
Implement business rules in the Trillium data quality vendor software application. Oversee file load and execution of basic and customer profiling.
Export results from the Trillium data quality vendor application and aggregate into coherent and actionable reports for working group consumption.
Create Executive Data Quality Dashboards for distribution to business Data Stewards and the DQG Steering Committee.
Customers / Stakeholders
· Engage appropriate stakeholders to ensure accuracy of Basel reporting framework, including but not limited to, Basel Qualification team, IT, Risk, and Finance
· Collaborate with applicable LOB stakeholders to ensure test plans are executed in an timely and effective manner
· Engage appropriate stakeholders to display reporting outcomes ensuring clear understanding of analysis, and understanding of required corrective actions
Leadership & Teamwork
· Maintain working relationships with relevant stakeholders to ensure testing occurs and results are distributed to relevant parties
Operational Effectiveness & Control
· Ensure organization is not subject to any High Risk Audit findings, or MRA''s from US regulators
· Complete other responsibilities, as assigned
· Regulators require Financial Institutions to ensure and evidence completeness, accuracy and sustainability of BASEL II regulatory reporting. This includes quality of data as it flows from source to output utilized in development of models, reporting of regulatory capital, capital efficiency by business, product, etc
· Up to 25% travel
Management of Risk
· Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues
· Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand
Observation of Internal Controls
· Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators
· Bachelor's Degree in management, finance, economics, related field or equivalent experience. Masters Degree preferred
· Six years proven credit policy, audit, and/or credit risk management/analytics experience, or equivalent
· Strong BASEL knowledge and understanding of Bank''s mandatory capital requirements with preference to those with specific product knowledge in Retail, Wholesale and Investment Banking products
· Strong knowledge of data quality and governance concepts, transaction testing, decision and risk management systems, information management standards, business systems analysis, and the International Basel Accord
· Strong planning, technical and communication skills
· Strong management skills particularly with project and cross functional teams; and the ability to establish strategic technical direction, translate concepts into actionable implementation plans, and identify technologies that improve productivity
· Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent mainframe systems and software packages
· Strong project management skills
Job: Accounting & Finance.