Title: Healthcare Applications Engineer - R&D
Healthcare Applications Engineer - R&D
For more than 100 years, Praxair has taken something as fundamental as air and turned it into ways to make food taste better, plants operate cleaner and more efficiently, breathing easier and entertainment more exciting - in short, to make all our lives better.
Praxair is a Fortune 250 company and the products and technology impact in more than 20 different industries. We're one of the world's largest industrial gases businesses and you see our work every day, often without realizing it.
POSITION QUALIFICATION SUMMARY:
Serving as a vital member of the Healthcare R&D Global Market Network, the successful candidate will develop new programs for gas applications, devices, and services in the healthcare field, primarily but not exclusively in the areas of respiratory care, cryobiology, and medical gases applications. This position couples technical expertise with industry knowledge to provide leadership in developing new projects and applications. It will require working closely with R&D personnel, other organizations within Praxair, as well as external customers and partners.
Praxair is looking for a dynamic Healthcare Applications Engineer to join our Healthcare and Specialty Gases team. This position will report to the Associate Director of Healthcare R&D. Successful candidates should not only exhibit technical excellence, but be able to champion new ideas and technology within Praxair. To do this effectively, the candidate needs to demonstrate high levels of leadership capability, strong verbal and written communication skills, a team-oriented focus, and an ability to find innovative technical solutions that best meet the needs of the customer. Keeping abreast of new technology developments will be vital for success in this role, thus we are looking for someone that is truly passionate about this field. You should also be willing to travel globally, and be comfortable interfacing with people from a variety of cultures and business backgrounds.
* Lead the development of one or many R&D projects from proof of concept to full commercialization with minimal managerial guidance
* Research, plan, and design experiments
* Coordinate research projects and evaluate results
* Provide regular updates and recommendations to senior executive management
* Drive and direct pilot and beta tests
* Build relationships with global marketing organizations, industry, suppliers, government entities, hospitals and universities
* Resource programs for development funding approval
* MS Degree and 3 years of experience in the healthcare field OR a PhD degree (MS or PhD degree must be in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, or biomedical engineering)
* Ability to travel up to 15% of the time (domestic and international)
* Knowledge and experience of international cultures and languages (related to South and Central America, or Western Europe) is a plus
* Experience and knowledge of medical gas applications is highly valued
* Business, marketing and program development experience is a plus
* Knowledge / experience of the medical device/equipment fields
* Knowledge of the regulatory environment both in the USA and globally as pertinent to medical drugs and devices is valued
JOB LEVEL AND SALARY COMMENSURATE UPON EXPERIENCE
Praxair is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V