Licensed Vocational Nurse (TEMP)
STG International is seeking qualified candidates for the LVN/LPN position to work full-time providing health care to detainees in custody in support of ICE Health Service Corps at the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Medical Facility.
Duties & Responsibities include:
* Initiates and maintains compliance with NCCHC policies.
* Provides direct nursing care to detainees.
* Works within Scope of Practice and performs functions outlined in the Guidelines for Licensed Practical/ Vocational Nurse.
* Performs medical histories on detainees, any medical problems are referred to the physician, NP/PA.
* Assists with medical appointments, emergencies and sick call such as taking vital signs and documenting detainee''s medical complaints.
* Assists with minor surgical procedures.
* Carries out orders authorized by the physician, or NP/PA. Ensures the medical providers orders are implemented.
* Applies knowledge of drugs and therapeutics in dispensing medication. Documents all detainee contacts. Documents using S.O.A.P. format, followed by the nurse''s signature and name stamp.
* Develops nursing care plans. Coordinates health care needs of detainees with other staff members and coordinates referrals to off-site providers as required.
* Performs record keeping functions in accordance with program policies.
* Maintains patient confidentiality and confidentiality of medical records.
* Maintains safety when dispensing medications and is continually cognizant of the potential hazard of drug boarding and trafficking among detainees. Destroys and properly disposes if all needles/syringes. Assists in the disposal of biologically hazardous wastes on a regular basis.
* Maintains non-involvement in the security aspects of care.
* Assures a safe and clean working environment.
* Assists in maintenance of medical equipment and quality control of laboratory reagents.
* Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
STG International, Inc. (STGi) is a dynamic government contracting company dedicated to providing leading-edge Medical Staffing services, Human Resource Services and System Solutions, Management and Data Resources Consulting Services, and Professional and Administrative Services to our government and military clientele.
Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, STGi was founded in 1997 to provide high quality management and technical services to federal clients. As a woman-owned, minority-owned business, recruiting a diverse corps of employees is important to us. We look for individuals with talents both broad and focused and who are looking to make a difference in our country - one patient at a time, one solution at a time.
STGi offersan outstanding benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and a generous PTO policy. STG International is an EEO compliant organization.
* The incumbent maintains a current nursing license in the state where the facility is located and meets continuing education requirements for the State(s) licensed in.
* Maintains current CPR certification.
* Knowledge of and ability to apply professional nursing principals, procedures, and techniques to patient care and nursing supervision.
* Knowledge of training methods and sufficient interpersonal skills to develop a rapport with patients and co-workers during which instructional and educational information is presented.
* Knowledge of and participation in established clinic, program and NCCHC requirements on safety, infection control, quality assurance, maintenance of records of patients seen, statistical information gathering, etc.
* Alertness and skill in providing care and reacting to emergency situations.
Batavia, New York, United States