HelpRetirement Plan External Wholesaler-Sales Representative - #214234
Job Area: Sales
Business Area: RIS Distribution
Location: NY - Buffalo
Career Category: Experienced Professional
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Date Posted: 12/04/2012
Responsibilities:It''s about having that SALES DNA...
It''s about a new opportunity in the retirement industry with a reputable company committed to the business.
It''s about having the competitive innate drive to want to do more, sell more, be more with the next step in your career-all while having a reputable company in your corner.
Get ready take your career to the next level with a company and management team who are dedicated to being the top notch 401K organization in the country.
The Principal Financial Group is seeking sales focused professionals in the Buffalo area to join our Retirement Sales and Service Team as a Sales Representative-Retirement Services.
Your skills are valuable, make a wise choice and invest them with us!
As a Sales Representative for The Principal, your business development and relationship management expertise will drive success and take this territory to the next level! As you partner with local intermediaries, you will use your sales and presentation skills to position our products as the ultimate solution for the client.
You will have the opportunity to apply your past experience in sales and/or marketing in a new and rewarding way to accomplish the following:
- Drive plan count sales in a regional area by calling on intermediaries including financial advisors, CPAs, TPAs, and Attorneys to promote the sale of retirement plan solutions within the emerging market space
- Build and establish relationships and share consultative strategies with financial advisors
What do we have to offer our Retirement Plan Sales Reps that stands out?
The unique opportunity to work in a local Retirement Sales and Service Office where you have the opportunity to collaborate with members of the team who all work together to service the clients in the market.
This position offers a winning combination for an individual who is ready to step up to the plate.
Qualifications:Successful candidates will have the following:
- Bachelor''s degree or equivalent
- 1-2 years of corporate retirement plan related sales, corporate retirement plan service experience, or related retirement experience
- Licensing would be required based on state/federal laws and/or company policy in accordance to the current licensing policy
- Strong/professional communication skills
- Ability to conduct sales presentations
- Basic computer skills
- Strong work ethic/drive proven by meeting and/or exceeding established measurable/specific goals
- Organization skills, time management, problem solving, influence/closing , and decision-making skills
- Ability to travel 80% travel within the identified territory; territory for this role would include the western half of NY state
- Additional external sales experience within the retirement plan industry
- Established relationships with various intermediaries within the territory (ex: financial advisors, TPAs, CPAs, and Attorneys)
- Active FINRA Series 7, Series 63, Series 65, and/or Series 66 licensing up front
- Knowledge and/or experience working within the existing territory
- Previous experience closing business through TPAs
- Experience with multiple retirement plan solutions
This position may be subject to SEC restrictions on personal political contributions.
Visa Sponsorship:This position is not eligible for sponsorship for work authorization by The Principal. Therefore, if you will require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, we cannot consider your application at this time.
Background Check Requirements:Employment at Principal is contingent upon successful completion of a background check. Because of the nature of the duties of this position, a FINRA/Insurance licensing check and a driving record check are also required.