Title: Sr Maintenance Engineer
Location: United States-New York-Niagara Falls
Contribute. Grow. Lead.with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda - key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem's market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S. and No. 1, 2 or 3 in the world.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Senior Maintenance Engineer with our manufacturing facility located in Niagara Falls, New York.
Essential Job Duties:
* Performs engineering work requiring a broad knowledge in the specific disciplines as applied to corrective techniques to optimize equipment reliability and/or minimize maintenance costs. Interfaces with other technical and engineering groups for assistance in areas beyond experience or capability.
* Develops plans/procedures for preventive/predictive maintenance on operating equipment, including Non-Destructive Evaluation (NDE) of vessels, piping, PSV's and equipment to improve reliability and reduce costs. Installs or assists in the application of these procedures and interpretation of results. Monitors equipment performance and condition, and makes necessary changes to plans/procedures to improve reliability of equipment.
* Provides cost estimating, methods of repair and engineering proposals on routine replacement and repair of equipment, for correction of maintenance problems and improvements to processing equipment. May coordinate or supervise the installation of such improvements. Manages overall project, including contractors and contracts.
* Provides technical support to Production and Maintenance organizations throughout the plant, including technical oversight of the plant's welding shop. Uses originality and judgement in the independent evaluation, selection, adoption and modification via Codes, National & Corporate Standards, maintenance techniques, procedures and criteria in devising new approaches to problems encountered.
* Provides training to Production, Maintenance and other organizations in the proper use and care of equipment. Develops the necessary training materials as required. Coordinates craft skills training.
* Reviews all proposed engineering and construction projects and is a participant in the Plant's Management of Change Program contributing to design changes to improve the reliability of equipment, to minimize maintenance efforts in making repairs and to ascertain that adequate spares are provided. Manages the overall records management requirements for Fixed Equipment, including paper files, SAP and miscellaneous computer programs.
* Keeps current on technology and equipment and evaluates same for use in plant facilities. Implements new technology as associated with process equipment and maintenance tools.
* Provides technical expertise in the area of equipment upgrading and maintenance emphasizing the cost effective selection, application and installation.
* Coordinates and schedules maintenance shutdown activities, utilizing maintenance supervisors and planners as resources.
* Assures that quality standards are met and that National & Corporate Codes and Standards, Guidelines and Protocols are adhered to. Active participant in Corporate or governmental audits, especially those concerning Fixed Equipment and Process Safety Management.
Bachelor''s Degree in Engineering required (BSME Preferred). PE certification would be a plus.
10 to 15 years of relevant maintenance engineering experience. Process Safety Management and Mechanical Integrity experience strongly preferred.
Physical requirements: Must be able to travel about the plant including climbing stairs and ladders. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V