Share this job as a link in your status update to LinkedIn.
This details all the information about the job posting. To submit your resume, click on the "Submit your Resume to this Job" button. Or if you have a friend that would be interested in this position, you can send this job to him/her using the "Send Job to a Friend" button.
Research Scientist III - Analytical Development
Rensselaer, NY Rensselaer, NY, US 12144
Date Needed By
The Research Scientist III will support all analytical needs that arise during the third shift (12:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.) which may include the following:
* Plan, execute, analyze and troubleshoot laboratory work related to analytical/pharmaceutical development.
* Analyze data and information for technical correctness and accuracy, validity and integrity; interpret and evaluate results.
* Provide analytical development expertise and act as a technical consultant to both internal and external customers.
* Develop, establish and validate analytical methods as assigned.
* Provide high-quality ideas and contributions to solve difficult analytical development problems as assigned; exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies.
* Organize workload and coordinate activities in order to carry out multiple projects concurrently and in accordance with established objectives, timelines and deadlines.
* Adapt to changing priorities such that productivity and efficiency is minimally affected.
* Develop and maintain working knowledge of instrumentation, equipment and scientific methodologies necessary to perform assigned analytical development tasks.
* Demonstrate expertise in at least one technique. Interface with other departments and customers and keep supervisor informed of activities.
* Maintain compliance with regulations at all levels as well as strict adherence to standard operating procedures and cGMP's as necessary.
* Prepare written reports and summaries of experimental findings and maintain clear, accurate and complete records of all experiments and observations as they may be sent to customers or used in regulatory filings.
* Potentially supervise one or more employees and train and mentor junior level team members.
* Exhibit safety awareness and conduct laboratory operations and chemical disposal in a safe manner; maintain a clean and organized work environment free of safety hazards.
* Demonstrate professionalism, enthusiasm, dedication and productivity.
* Prepare presentations and present data and analytical development services to internal and external customers.
* Suggest improvements for safety, work quality, and productivity.
# of Hires Needed
* B.S. or M.S. degree in Analytical Chemistry or related scientific field with at least five years industry analytical development experience in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical environment.
* Demonstrated expertise in HPLC. Experience with other analytical techniques valued. Drug product experience a strong positive
* Experience working in analytical development for a CRO preferred
* Ability to work under minimal supervision and in a team environment
* Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communications
* Ability/willingness to work with potent compounds and controlled substances.