Title: Supply Chain Analyst
Location: North America-United States-New York-Albany
The Supply Chain Analyst reports directly to the Director of Operations & Strategic Sourcing and is responsible for day-to-day effective purchasing of material as well as development and execution of action plans for strategic initiatives in the business. The Supply Chain Analyst champions meetings/initiatives, offers direction to peers and set priorities in the department, based on input from the Director. These initiatives require cross-functional and procurement team leadership and may include low cost region (LCR) sourcing, PPV, freight cost reduction, or inventory reduction.
The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail, a sense of urgency, ability to think strategically, and excellent problem solving, communication, negotiation, and teamwork skills. The ideal candidate will also be able to provide influential leadership throughout the organization and will represent the team in formal business reviews. Success will be measured through tracked results in the areas of PPV. (purchase price variance), inventory turns, freight cost, and support towards plant's Fill Rate goals. Success will also be measured by the individual's ability to effective manage action plans and communicate initiative status in various leadership forums.
* Develop and maintain procurement team action plans for PPV and Inventory.
* Along with Commodity Managers, develop and execute an LCR Sourcing strategy for all commodities to deliver results in PPV and quality.
* Offer direction, establish priorities and administer assignments for department peers.
* Represent the procurement team in formal business reviews and complete corporate reporting requirements as assigned.
* Optimize freight expenses and inventory levels for all spend.
* Manage Danaher (DHR) import compliance and international freight expense processes.
* Complete Group sourcing projects as assigned and rationalizes individual operating company low cost region (LCR) sourcing strategies to leverage the Group Spend. Utilize DHR LCR resources in strategy development and problem resolution.
* Interface with procurement and cell leadership coworkers to ensure effective order management and inventory reduction.
* Negotiate contracts with suppliers that provide for continuous year-over-year improvements in performance, including cost, quality and delivery.
* Ensure the availability of production parts while at the same time minimizing inventory carrying costs and exposure. Support 95% on-time delivery to customer request.
* Develop new vendor relationships both internationally and domestically to support business and supply chain objectives. Conduct on-site visits to qualify suppliers, develop relationships, and resolve any performance issues.
* Bachelors degree in Engineering or Supply Chain Management.
* 0-4 years of materials management or purchasing experience required. Recent college graduates will be considered with relevant internship experience.
* Excellent communication skills to effectively interact at various levels within an organization.
* Ability to work in cross-functional teams.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics