Civil Engineering Project Manager:
We are currently looking to add a Civil Engineering Project Manager to our Public Infrastructure Team. The ideal
candidate will have the following qualities:
• 5+ years of Project Management experience in Civil Engineering. (8+ years preferred)
• Iowa P.E. license
• Requires a working knowledge of CAD design software, and familiarity with Microsoft Outlook (Word & Excel)
• Good written and verbal communication skills required.
Essential Duties Include:
• Plan, organize and lead the daily engineering activities of assigned staff in the accomplishment of client
project tasks. Identify and manage priorities of assigned staff to meet client, team, and corporate goals.
• Function as a contact point for the client concerning the engineering aspects of his/her project. Facilitate
good communications among the client, all HHE departments, team groups and applicable governing bodies.
• Attend and participate in initial meetings regarding new project proposals as well as new project kickoffs to
ensure a clear understanding of the complete project in order to be able to effectively contribute to the
preparation of proposals and facilitate the proper completion of assigned tasks.
• Review and approve the technical approach to project tasks; and, intermediate and finished work product to
ensure that they meet objectives of client while adhering to local, state, and federal laws. Also, assure
compliance with company quality assurance/control standards. Review the research and data necessary for
the design of the project, such as zoning conditions, latest design standards, existing utility information,
environmental issues, topographic surveys, etc.
• Coordinate with applicable government agencies and attend meetings as appropriate to assure that client
projects comply with agency regulations and are approved by them.
• Design and prepare plan of improvements & construction documents, facilitate bidding and construction
• We offer a very generous compensation package in addition to an array of benefits to all full-time employees,
including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) program, paid time off benefits, and
other voluntary benefit options.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your resume or inquiries to Shane Wicks at firstname.lastname@example.org.