Auto req ID 22088BR
Job Posting Title Engineer, Principal - IC Design
Business Unit Mobile and Wireless Group
Job Description Broadcom’s radio team is responsible for the design of all WLAN radio transceivers. Products include Broadcom''s AirForce™ product family offers the broadest line of Wi-Fi® integrated circuits in the industry for system designs ranging from PC and consumer devices to access points and routers. Broadcom''s AirForce™ 802.11a, 802.11b, 54g® and Intensi-fi® solutions enable manufacturers to build Wi-Fi products with the performance, interoperability, security and ease-of-use that consumers and businesses demand. AirForce solutions can be found in leading brands of Wi-Fi gear such as Apple, Belkin, Buffalo, Dell, eMachines, Gateway, HP, Linksys/Cisco, and Motorola. Additionally, our design team is an integral part in Broadcom’s pursuit to capture the COMBO SoC market (Combination chipsets including: Cellular, GPS, BT, NFC, FM). If you have a desire to become part of our legacy in the design of analog baseband, receive front end, transmitter front end, and synthesizers, we are looking for talented engineers to continue the mission of excellence.
Circuits designed include: Receive (LNA, mixers, analog baseband filters), transmit (power amplifiers, transmit gain, mixers, analog baseband filters), PLLs (VCOs, charge-pump, PFD, mmd, crystal oscillator), ADC/DAC, mixed signal calibration, and power/bias (LDO, Bandgaps). Practical and/or hands-on experience is beneficial since you will work with layout designers, PCB designers, transistor modeling team, and be an integral part of lab characterization.
Key qualifications include:
* PhD or MS in Electrical Engineering preferred (or equivalent)
* Desired to have 2-7 years of CMOS design experience of transceiver blocks such as ADC/DAC, analog baseband, receive front-end, transmit front-end, and synthesizer
* System-level specification, floor-planning, characterization, and productization experience
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Ready to work in a team and a positive attitude
* Ability to mentor individuals and larger teams
Country United States
Shift 1st Shift - Day
Percent of Travel Required 10% - 25%
Discipline IC Design