Entry Level Software Engineer (Application Layer)
Interested in this opportunity?
* Apply online now!
* Email a friend to this job
Click Commerce, part of the Higher Education & Life Sciences Practice of Huron Consulting Group, focuses on software solutions for research administration and compliance. Click has a track record of successfully implementing grant management and regulatory compliance projects of significant scale and complexity at leading research institutions, academic medical centers and hospitals. Our eResearch Portal is designed to unify multiple research-related business processes into an integrated, comprehensive electronic solution. They are a leader in large-scale deployments with a client list that includes many of the largest National Institutes of Health (NIH)-funded research institutions.
The engineer in this role will participate in all aspects of software development (design, development, testing, maintenance, support) of the business’s Research Administration applications. This is a hands-on development role responsible for design, implementation, and lifecycle management of the products built/configured on Huron’s Click Portal platform and used by Huron Clients and Professional Services as the basis for customer specific solution deployments.
* Solution design which will include interactions with Product Management and Clients to identify high value patterns.
* Designing, developing, testing, releasing, and maintaining software solution configurations for use by Huron Professional Services as the basis of solution deployments.
* Delivering application product (design, code/configuration, documentation, testing, and maintenance) that meets or exceeds the needs of Huron Professional Services and customers in terms of quality, generality/flexibility, functionality, and timeliness.
This position requires strong software development skills. The technologies and experience listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, technologies and/or abilities that this role will use and develop:
- Strong computer science skills and experience
- Database technology and database programming; SQL, SQL Server
- Experience with Microsoft Server components: IIS, SQL Server, Windows Server OS, ASP.Net, .Net
- Web application development technologies; HTML, XML, Ajax, JQuery
- Development and performance testing and tuning of server-based applications
- Experience with Microsoft development environment (Visual Studio, VSS, VSTS)
In addition to the above, development or integration experience with any of the below is desirable:
- PeopleSoft HR - Epic Research
- PeopleSoft Financials - OnCore-CRM
- Oracle Financials - HL7
- HIPAA - CITI
The qualifications listed below are representative of the academic, leadership, and teamwork requirements
* BS and/or MS in computer science or related field, MS preferred.
* Goal to gain experience in software product and test development including experience as lead designer and developer in complex system or application software.
* Strong teamwork skills and work ethic
* Ability to work independently or in a group with minimal supervision
The Company is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity in recruitment, employment, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, education and all other terms of employment. Huron will not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, Vietnam era of veteran status, physical or mental disability, creed, citizen status or any other status protected by federal, state of local law. We endeavor to maintain a drug-free workplace.