Sr Software QA Specialist
Location: Beaverton, OR
Job Code: 3965A
# of openings: 1
Last updated: 2/28/13 6:06 PM
DAT, a TransCore company, is seeking a full-timeSr. Software QA Specialistto jointhe Product Development team in Beaverton, Oregon.
We are looking for a motivated self-learner with a passion to take on technical challenges and QA leadership opportunities for testing multi-layered web-based and/or mobile-device applications in an Agile environment. This position requires a person with excellent communications skills and an understanding of QA best practices that can adapt to changing technologies and collaborate within an Agile Scrum team. They will be responsible for test planning and estimating during sprint planning and then tracking the QA team’s progress towards sprint goals. They will also design, write, and execute a variety of tests (e.g. manual, exploratory, automated tests) and report test results in compliance with established QA practices. The person who is successful in this position will have mastered the business rules and data flow of each layer of the product under test. They will be regarded as a highly collaborative team member who does whatever it takes to ensure the product is thoroughly tested on behalf of end-users.
* Develop test strategy for web-based and/or mobile device applications
* Provide test estimates and track QA task progress
* Design, write, and execute test cases using established test design techniques
* Uncover, document, and track product defects in defect tracking system
* Adapt, collaborate, and communicate effectively with Agile Scrum team
* Write and execute complex SQL queries to help troubleshoot defect cause
* Analyze test results and make recommendations for product improvement
* Write automated test scripts using in-house Ruby-based test automation framework
Required Skills and Qualifications:
* 5 years QA experience
* Candidates must be willing and able to take full responsibility for a project or task from concept to completion with minimal supervision.
* Problem-solving, multitasking, analytical skills.
* High productivity and effective time management.
* Adapts well to existing Agile Scrum team processes
* Embraces change and views new technologies as exciting opportunities for professional growth
* Experience with SQL queries and databases.
* Outstanding interpersonal and written communication skills.
* A passion for investigating into how products work in determining root cause of defects
* Commitment to ongoing professional development and learning.
* Experience with scripting language and writing automated test scripts
Experience in the following technologies a plus:
* JIRA, QAComplete, SoapUI Pro
* Ruby, Cucumber, Capybara, Webkit, WATIR, Calabash
* Knowledge of network sniffer tools such as Fiddler or Wireshark.
* Knowledge of advanced test design techniques and strategies
* ISTQB certification
Education: Associates or Bachelors Degree in computer science, software engineering, or information systems, or equivalent experience.
TransCore DAT has supported the transportation industry for over 30 years since the de-regulation of the trucking industry in 1980. Today, TransCore is recognized for its:
* World-class staff devoted to developing and supporting our services and customers
* High quality industry information analytics
* DAT Extended Network, the industry's largest freight marketplace
We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible savings accounts, 401K, Life and AD&D insurance, a comprehensive Paid Leave program, and a Tuition Reimbursement program.
TransCore DAT is proud to support workforce diversity and is a committed equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply.
To learn more about TransCore please visit us atwww.DAT.com.
Sponsorship and relocation assistance are not offered at this time for this position.
All referrals and résumés are managed exclusively through the Human Resources Department. TransCore DAT will not consider unsolicited résumés from vendors including search firms, fee-based referral services and/or recruitment agencies.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume (in confidence) using the “Apply Now” function.
We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Are you a returning applicant?
If you do not remember your passwordclick here.
Back to Search Results
* About TransCore DAT
* Contact Us
Call now: 800.551.8847
* Site Map
* Terms & Conditions
* © 2013 DAT/TransCore. All rights reserved. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.