Merchandise Selector (5pm-10pm)
Requisition Number 2003584
Job Category Warehouse
Address 100 MSC Drive
Zip code 17038
Remote Territory Location N/A
Manually select product for orders and prepare for shipment. Transport pallets on motorized pallet jacks throughout our CustomerFulfillmentCenter.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
* Picks all required items from bins.
* Loads, unloads, moves product by hand.
* Operates basic warehouse vehicles (i.e., electric pallet jack and/or forklift).
* Operates advanced warehouse vehicles (i.e., turret truck and/or order picker).
* Verifies products using item numbers, descriptions, and quantity.
* Inspects products for damage or improper packaging.
* Uses RF equipment to validate items.
* Prepares items for transfers to other MSC distribution centers.
* Loads, unloads, moves skidded items for large products.
* Counts items.
* Batches orders and assigns packing slips to pick product to totes via RF scanning.
* Pulls items from flat stock to fill orders.
* Picks items from racks.
* Performs all duties following safety guidelines.
* Performs to specified productivity and quality expectations.
* Participates in work clean program.
* Contacts MSC department's supervisor to resolve discrepancies and/or send items to clipboard to resolve discrepancies.
* Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSC's mission.
* In order to meet customer service requirements, associates can be temporarily re-assigned to other warehouse functions.
* Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
* High School diploma or the equivalent required.
* May be required to obtain MSC license to drive warehouse vehicles within specified time requirements.
* May be required to obtain MSC certificate to pick DOT regulated items.
* Basic computer skills required.OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
* Bending to lift items from the floor and racks required.
* Lifting items up to 75 pounds required.
* Ability to operate at heights up to 50 feet required.
* Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time required.
* Ability to climb ladder 3 to 4 feet required.
* Position may require a valid states driver's license.
* May be required to work overtime to meet customer's needs.