Title: Maintenance Planner
Weyerhaeuser is leading the world''s softwood lumber market with innovative products, systems, and services for use in a variety of residential, commercial and industrial applications worldwide. We''re looking for people who can contribute, grow, think, and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. Our associates are the real reason we''ve been in business for over 100 years.
Key Functions: Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for planning, work flow, materials and equipment for the maintenance team in order to support a highly reliable, safe working environment. Leads change and implementation of systematic processes required to achieve maintenance objectives which directly support manufacturing excellence. Candidate must be able to promote the concepts of teamwork, communicating will all departments to translate work requirements into clear and achievable plans. Working directly with vendors, contractors, maintenance and purchasing to plan and prioritize maintenance work. Determines and requisitions materials needed for work requests. Development of the preventative, predictive, and condition based maintenance monitoring programs for all mill equipment. Utilize a computerized maintenance management system to effectively manage work to achieve 95% mill utilization in the most cost efficient manner. Works with the department to adjust the maintenance program to increase mill utilization and/or decrease costs. Work effectively in a small group to set mid and long-term goals and measure progress. Plans for major mill maintenance shut downs and other project work. Prepares job plans for maintenance work in the mill, with safety instructions and special precautions as part of those plans, in standardized business format. Coordinates with purchasing and vendors to ensure parts availability. Maintaining maintenance and equipment records and generates reports such as open work orders, past due work orders, completed work orders, labor utilization by work order type, equipment historical cost analysis, etc. Helps to identify critical spare parts outages. Develops daily, weekly, and long term maintenance schedules. Tracks availability of crew resources. Provides job estimates as required.
* Must have a demonstrated past history of positive safety behaviors and expectations.
* Ability to build and modify job plans, with a focus on safety, effectiveness, and efficiency
* Has utilized a computer maintenance management system consisting of work orders, preventative maintenance, equipment records, purchasing, parts and materials specification, and spares.
* Experience in MAXIMO and prior experience with sawmills preferred.
* Candidate should be proficient in use of standard Microsoft Office products.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Analytical skills to streamline large volume of information and computer data while preserving relevant historical information.
* Has prior experience in maintenance planning.
* Solid understanding of mechanical, electrical, and welding trades.
* Can coordinate and prioritize purchasing, planning, and maintenance work with production requirements.
* Will accept assignments and can work several assignments simultaneously and effectively. Must be a self starter.
* Works well under pressure.
* Willing to work any time, as required to meet mill needs, including nights and weekends, and holidays if necessary.
* Minimum HS Diploma combined with 5 years of qualified experience or equivalent college education.
Weyerhaeuser is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce.